Dirtiest Recruitment of the Last 10 Years | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dirtiest Recruitment of the Last 10 Years

You're right, it's not unreasonable. But if CBS is going to come out with that kind of hit piece and give it some authority by using anonymous coaches, they'd better find a more persuasive quote than one that you and I could dream up.
Yes, I agree with that whole heartedly. It is lazy and designed to spark discussion, mostly among internet communities, as it has done. But, there is no conclusion, no evidence and thus no satisfaction for we fans discussing the subject. It is like watching that bigfoot show, I get drawn in every now and again with the hope of some conclusion, but the only conclusion is those rednecks are crazy.

"Very possible, but I'm sure we've gotten guys in dirty recruitments as well. That's college sports. I don't think there's any way a school can have the success we've had without at the very least bending the rules."

You do realize that you are being guilty of the same thing you say might be happening with other coaches? If you're good, you must be doing something dirty...

That's a fair point, but I don't have any credibility. No one cares if I say anything about it on a message board; CBS running the story and saying it comes from college coaches gives it some level of credibility that "random poster on a messageboard" doesn't have.

There's also a difference in degrees between saying "the recruitment of Kyle Anderson was dirty" and "I'm guessing Syracuse has broken some recruiting rules". One is a direct allegation about a specific player. Mine is nothing more than an assumption, and it's labeled as such.

The world is gutless and some people are truely dirtbags, i just got burned for $2500 from some guy in chicago who i hired to do work for me, took my money and disappeared.
Sorry that happened to you. Hope you didn't hire the guy to write your posts.

Sorry that happened to you. Hope you didn't hire the guy to write your posts.
My classic posts only i could write them, funny thing is after i posted that he calls me and asks for my address and tells me hes sending me a check in the mail. Ill believe it when it clears then ill send you 100 bucks because you have no life and need some entertainment : )

My classic posts only i could write them, funny thing is after i posted that he calls me and asks for my address and tells me hes sending me a check in the mail. Ill believe it when it clears then ill send you 100 bucks because you have no life and need some entertainment : )
When they say "checks in the mail" it means its not.

When they say "checks in the mail" it means its not.
I hear you, but when ive been calling him ten times a day with no response , then finally i txt him that im taking legal action because he committed fraud across state lines and its now a FBI case well i guess that worked because he finally contacted me and told me he would mail me a check.

You hired him and yet he's the one sending the checks? Maybe that's part of the misunderstanding.

You hired him and yet he's the one sending the checks? Maybe that's part of the misunderstanding.
My refund for work he never performed. In his line of work they get paid up front than dont do .

oh great, another poll of anonymous sources spouting off.

I don't understand this position. If it wasn't anonymous, the information wouldn't be collected or exposed. To get to the truth the people closest to this stuff need anonymity. Deep Throat says hello.

You're probably one of the guys demanding that Jake/Francis reveal recruiting sources. I find this whole CBS series fascinating.

I don't understand this position. If it wasn't anonymous, the information wouldn't be collected or exposed. To get to the truth the people closest to this stuff need anonymity. Deep Throat says hello.

You're probably one of the guys demanding that Jake/Francis reveal recruiting sources. I find this whole CBS series fascinating.
it's not just the anonymity, its the emptiness. there are no specific details, only allegations and smears. it is garbage journalism, national enquirer level stuff.

Do you still beat your wife.

it's not just the anonymity, its the emptiness. there are no specific details, only allegations and smears. it is garbage journalism, national enquirer level stuff.

Sure. If there was an anonymous source who had actual facts, like Kyle Anderson received a check from this person on this date or something, that's one thing. This is just giving people license to throw empty accusations against people they don't like.

That case needs to have more evidence than an anonymous coach saying Dirty Roy Williams didn't recruit John Wall.
Obviously. What I suspect is happening is that they're laying groundwork to release some actual evidence/preparing for when another media outlet has some evidence of wrong doing.

Chaos by the third page. I'd say this thread is right on schedule. :cool:

This was pretty specific: "Baylor hired John Wall's AAU coach and that still wasn't enough to get that deal done."

This was pretty specific: "Baylor hired John Wall's AAU coach and that still wasn't enough to get that deal done."
that isn't specific at all - it is just innuendo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom