disagreement with a friend, you can help | Syracusefan.com

disagreement with a friend, you can help

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
I have watched the last minute a dozen or so times. I thought lydon lost the ball and it went to battle. My friend thinks Lydon passed the ball to Lydon. What do you guys think?

Lydon definitely passed it to Battle like he was my girlfriend trying to pass the ball to my 4 month year old cousin.

Lydon definitely passed it to Battle like he was my girlfriend trying to pass the ball to my 4 month year old cousin.
Looked to me like the closest Duke guy jarred it loose, and that Lydon momentarily threw his arms up to emphasize that he'd been fouled.

And I think Battle hesitated because he didn't want a GMac/Cooney Special(TM) dart-back interception--particularly with his sight line blocked by Lydon.

Didn't completely have it but directed it towards Battle and away from defender...

Yeah it definitely wasn't a pass. Tatum (I believe) pokes it out of Lydon's hands and luckily right to Battle. Lydon was starting to turn up court, not towards Battle.

Looked to me like the closest Duke guy jarred it loose, and that Lydon momentarily threw his arms up to emphasize that he'd been fouled.

And I think Battle hesitated because he didn't want a GMac/Cooney Special(TM) dart-back interception--particularly with his sight line blocked by Lydon.

Not sure Tatum ever got the ball TBH. It looked more like a "push" pass where he didn't have full control, but was still able to direct it.

Reactions: MGP
combination . . . he controlled it but couldn't corral it, so he directed it to Battle fearing a Dukie would swoop in and steal it

Not sure Tatum ever got the ball TBH. It looked more like a "push" pass where he didn't have full control, but was still able to direct it.
I'm not sure, either. But it did look like Tatum got his arm into a position where he could poke the ball free as Lydon brought down the rebound.

I'm just glad we're not sitting around lamenting the lack of a foul call there. Because things worked out just fine in the end.

Looking back on it, JGIII "should" have passed the ball to Battle, who would have had an uncontested shot.
No way, unless you wanted overtime. Nowhere near enough time for the pass, setup, and shot.

Looking back on it, JGIII "should" have passed the ball to Battle, who would have had an uncontested shot.
could have, not should have

Boeheim has said on every interview I've heard that the key to the play was that they got the ball to the right guy for the shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom