Discuss | Syracusefan.com

Discuss

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
2.07p-acc.png

I think our dot is off...looks like it is over Central Square...about 15 miles too far north.

Ooops. I see it now. I was looking at Pitt's dot. You're right. Too far north. That looks way too close to Oswego.

I would say just the opposite. If that beige blob is Lake Ontario, Syracuse is closer to it, than that graphic suggests.

We'll I cut you some slack...and say it is located over Drivers Village ;)

Anyways it is a thing of beauty.

Beats the heck out of a logo with dots in Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Idaho, etc...

Ooops. I see it now. I was looking at Pitt's dot. You're right. Too far north. That looks way too close to Oswego.
Yep...looks like they place it right around Volney.

2.07p-acc.png

I think our dot is off...looks like it is over Central Square...about 15 miles too far north.
Could this mean that the ACC wants us to move the Dome to Oswego County? Lower taxes? Proximity to Huge?

Pittsburgh isn't nearly far enough west either. Maybe the ACC really wants Latrobe PA instead.

What are they going to do for Notre Dame? Drop the map and just go with an ACC in italic capital letters logo?

The dot is clearly in Fulton ( The City with a future ) Home of Fulton Speedway. Used to be home to Miller and Nestles. G Ray Bodley High School where i spent 8 weeks as a College Senior. The ACC clearly wants us to move there.

Could this mean that the ACC wants us to move the Dome to Oswego County? Lower taxes? Proximity to Huge?

Pittsburgh isn't nearly far enough west either. Maybe the ACC really wants Latrobe PA instead.

What are they going to do for Notre Dame? Drop the map and just go with an ACC in italic capital letters logo?

Just add a dot to the L

2.07p-acc.png

Now that I look at it more closely, several of those dots look off. Atlanta looks too far northwest. Ditto Clemson. And I don't see WVU at all...oh wait. Nevermind.

Well at least they didn't put the SU dot in the "Southern Tier".;)

Man...how hard is it to get a dot on a map right?

2.07p-acc.png

I agree. The dot is definitely closer to Fulton or Scriba than Syracuse. They really should have just colored in all of New York State for us. But then they would have had to color in Jersey and all our other home courts too, which could have gotten very messy. I guess I can live with the dot in Oswego County.

To me, it looks about the right latitude (watertown is further up the lake). It's the longitude that is off... It shouldn't be that far past the lake.
2.07p-acc.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom