Dispute this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dispute this

Was PC on the bench? At the game and didn't see him.

With the eye injury, don't think he can be in a place where he might receive contact. Plus, he just had surgery. Sounds like we won't see him for some time.

Amazing that we're down to eight players, and one was questionable today.

orangenirvana said:
GMac's poor recruiting is starting to rear its ugly head.

I'm not sure if your serious or not but wasn't he 3rd man a year ago?

JG - Worse at getting a positive out of a drive than even Cooney was. And that is saying something

FH - Approaching Kaleb territory.

AW - Good 1st half player. Disappears in 2nd half. Shoots fade away FT's.

DC - 2 inch vert. Slow and uncoordinated

TR - Mid major player. And an average one at that

TT - Will be good

TB - Jury out

TL - Only complete player on the team

PC - Weak retinas

I dispute that Lydon's a complete player, because all the games this year have showed that he isn't. But he was fantastic today, obviously. Did everything we needed, except for his horrible free throw shooting.

White's maddening, a catch-and-shoot player who tries to do too much more. And he's playing much smaller than his size against good teams. If his shot isn't falling, he's a huge liability.

No need to bash Roberson for anything he did in his limited time today.

I dont agree with that at all.

Maybe we saw a different player but outside of Virginia Mali was a solid player, I'm really not sure if he's better than White, even now.

Maybe we saw a different player but outside of Virginia Mali was a solid player, I'm really not sure if he's better than White, even now.

I mean, Richardson could string more than two dribbles together without a turnover, which was nice.

In all seriousness, he had good vision and a feel for the game. Factor in his zone experience and I think he'd be a substantial upgrade over White.

I mean, Richardson could string more than two dribbles together without a turnover, which was nice.

In all seriousness, he had good vision and a feel for the game. Factor in his zone experience and I think he'd be a substantial upgrade over White.

He very well could be, but even if you took White (our leading scorer who's shooting 40% from three) away and put in Mali, how much of a difference does it make?

We need a point guard.

I have no stats to back this up but I believe White is a more reliable 3pt shooter and may e more consistent scorer. But I still think Mali beat him in almost every other category like dribble penetration, steals, deflections, transition, putbacks, just quicker to the ball, etc. It's hard to tell.

He very well could be, but even if you took White (our leading scorer who's shooting 40% from three) away and put in Mali, how much of a difference does it make?

We need a point guard.
Good point. You pick your pison I guess. Better dribble penetration vs better shooting. It's like our conundrum with Roberson and Coleman. Play them to get rebounds but have no offense

We need a point guard.

The point guard thing looked to be a huge problem today. Gillon's virtually all east-west and the size and skill of the other players seems to be in his head when he does get to the rim. Howard careened between ineffective and awful; the few good things he did well didn't work out - a good pass for a missed three, a steal and poor job of protecting the ball for a clean dunk. They hurt the team.

I can't over White's play, though: too many of our possessions end because he tries to do something that everyone in the building other than White knows won't work. What was he today, 5 for 20? He is what he is and can be a valuable piece, but if he's trying to fill the role of the go-to guy, the team's going to suffer. That's where Malachi would've been an upgrade - not only is his upside higher, but his floor isn't as low (though I remember he did have a 5 for 20 of his own around this time last year).

I can't over White's play, though: too many of our possessions end because he tries to do something that everyone in the building other than White knows won't work. What was he today, 5 for 20? He is what he is and can be a valuable piece, but if he's trying to fill the role of the go-to guy, the team's going to suffer. That's where Malachi would've been an upgrade - not only is his upside higher, but his floor isn't as low (though I remember he did have a 5 for 20 of his own around this time last year).

White made his 1st two shots then went cold.

Ended up 3-11. :(

White made his 1st two shots then went cold.

Ended up 3-11. :(

Wow, I can't believe it was that few. Felt like he led us in attempts, but looks like not.

He got off to a nice start, missed a couple threes that were good looks, but then reverted to the low-percentage fadeaways and shots off the dribble and did weird things like catching the ball in rhythm but hesitating to let the small defender go by before shooting. He's confident, I guess, but doesn't seem to play with a lot of savvy.