Class of 2019 - DL Braylen Ingraham (FL) TRANSFERRING FROM ALABAMA TO SYRACUSE (12/12/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DL Braylen Ingraham (FL) TRANSFERRING FROM ALABAMA TO SYRACUSE (12/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
since he has not really played a snap at all the issue becomes if he was medically ruled out by Ala then a medical waiver would seem automatic.

if he was hurt the first year as well he could get 3 or 4 yrs since now in yr 4 he will have played 4 games over 3 yrs.

since he has not really played a snap at all the issue becomes if he was medically ruled out by Ala then a medical waiver would seem automatic.

if he was hurt the first year as well he could get 3 or 4 yrs since now in yr 4 he will have played 4 games over 3 yrs.
Let's try and get him through one season first.

Another great get by Nick.
Does this kid fit into the defense White established?...Babers would not be dumb enough to hire a D-coordinator who is not committed to running the defense White so expertly installed, would he?...Hmmm, maybe I am giving Babers too much credit here?

Does this kid fit into the defense White established?...Babers would not be dumb enough to hire a D-coordinator who is not committed to running the defense White so expertly installed, would he?...Hmmm, maybe I am giving Babers too much credit here?
I think this kid would fit any D as long as hes healthy.

I was blown away to see news break of landing a Bama DT from portal. He may be the biggest transfer we’ve ever gotten. Ever.

But then I read he was “medically retired” and now I’m worried it’s only a matter of time before he gets medically DQ’d here too.

Someone make me feel better please.

I was blown away to see news break of landing a Bama DT from portal. He may be the biggest transfer we’ve ever gotten. Ever.

But then I read he was “medically retired” and now I’m worried it’s only a matter of time before he gets medically DQ’d here too.

CA Monk's late night palliative...to be taken with a grain of salt and a shot of bourbon:
  • Syracuse just won a National Championship in futbol!
  • Braylen will team with the George Rooks' son to anchor a stalwart SU Dline for years.
  • There's gonna be a Hogan's Heroes reboot - I can feel it.
  • The new Micron employee cafeteria will have its salad bar named in your honor - at no charge
  • You'll find great solace sitting and meditating in the demonstration flatboat at the Erie Canal Museum - until a security guard asks you to, "Move it along please. There's a 4th grade field trip coming through."
  • Oh yeah, and God loves you - in all likelihood.

How have a glass of warm cashew milk and get to bed.

Hopefully the knee issues are done and his preinjury supersedes any future injury or as in "The World According To Garp"..."What are the chances that another plane will fly into the house?".

The kid could very well play 13 games for Syracuse next year, he will be 2 years past the injury by the time he takes the field for Syracuse. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think the knees should be fine, whether he is a big contributor here, who knows? But well worth taking a shot with him and if he does stay healthy could get a ton of snaps at DT.

He certainly is the type of DT that many have been looking for and Alabama isn't going to hold a roster spot for 2 years for guys, they medically DQ'ed, I am sure so they could keep his scholarship, graduate, rehab properly and move on. Everybody wins and saves face. How it works at the factories but certainly not a bad ending, kid made the best of a bad situation and I am hoping he can revive his career here at Syracuse because the opportunity is there. Win, lose or draw he should have a master's degree when he leaves here, not too shabby

Last edited:
I would hope /think that if we hang onto the other D coaches, we'd run the same defense and not start from scratch. I'm really liking the down people we have now. The relative newbies like Jobity, Geer and those injured, look to have great potential.

Curious if he'll be a 3 down snap guy or a 2?

Not really sure

I think people forget how good Lockett was before the injury. When healthy there is no way he's not on the field for Syracuse. Just depends on how quickly he makes it back but certainly not going to rule him out for being ready to go for the start of the season. Nice to have some depth though for sure

Darton used in situations is a nightmare as well, we have talent at the DT position just need a bit more depth

Last edited:
1500x500

Braylen Ingraham
Athlete
Syracuse University | Univ Of Alabama Alum
Broward County, FL
BRAYLEN INGRAHAM TRANSFER FROM ALABAMA TO SU
# 52 DL 6' 4" 291**** APPEARED IN 3 GAMES AND 26 SNAPS FOR ALABAMA

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY QUICK OFF SNAP
FAST FOR SIZE
PLAYS EITHER SIDE OF D LINE
VERY STRONG/POWERFUL
QUICK OFF LOS
GREAT TACKLING FORM
VERY DETERMINED HITS
IN BFLD DISRUPTING QB/RB

GREAT OFFER

1175982789.0.jpg

Alabama defensive lineman Braylen Ingraham has found a new home.

Ingraham announced on Monday evening via social media that he is transferring to Syracuse to join the Orange program. The defensive lineman is one of 11 scholarship Crimson Tide players to enter the NCAA transfer portal this fall. The Fort Lauderdale Fla., native announced his decision nearly three months after officially entering the transfer portal on Sept. 22.

Ingraham had not been with the team this fall, and the defensive lineman was not listed on Alabama’s online or media guide rosters when they were updated prior to the 2022 campaign.

Ingraham, a redshirt junior, did not see the field during the 2021 season and appeared in two games apiece in 2020 and 2019. He finished his Crimson Tide career with five total tackles.

A member of Alabama’s 2019 signing class, Ingraham was a 4-star recruit out of St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) High School, per the 247Sports Composite. He is the 16th player from the Crimson Tide’s 27-player 2019 signing class, which was ranked No. 1 in the country, to transfer.

Any chance he gets a medical redshirt to regain a little more eligibility?

Any chance he gets a medical redshirt to regain a little more eligibility?
I'm sure he might but at Syracuse...our track record for getting them is not the best lol

I'm sure he might but at Syracuse...our track record for getting them is not the best lol

This.

Also - I think he's got 2 years of eligibility currently, and if he's planning on a post-college football career, he's likely not gonna want to stay for a 3rd year.

Unless he wants to try to beat out Devaughn Cooper's 7 years of playing in college.

While I can't deny the potential of this concern, and even if cleared, being asked to clog the middle against the run (or stunt to shoot the gap if that's how the 3-3-5 gods would prefer me to word it) with two rebuild knees is not the best starting point, I believe the DQ is more a means to an end on the part of Bama to free the scholly from the cap. They continued to pay his tuition, and probably allowed him some access to rehab, but didn't have him on the team counting against the 85 max. Lets face it, at Bama, a player rehabbing a major injury is standing in the way of the next 5-star DT or even 4-star walk on getting that scholarship. I assume if they wanted, they could have re-qualified him and given him a "fresh" scholarship if they felt he was in a position to contribute, but they saw a full roster of 4-5 star players without that injury history as a better scenario for them and for him (allowing him to move on).

While I can't deny the potential of this concern, and even if cleared, being asked to clog the middle against the run (or stunt to shoot the gap if that's how the 3-3-5 gods would prefer me to word it) with two rebuild knees is not the best starting point, I believe the DQ is more a means to an end on the part of Bama to free the scholly from the cap. They continued to pay his tuition, and probably allowed him some access to rehab, but didn't have him on the team counting against the 85 max. Lets face it, at Bama, a player rehabbing a major injury is standing in the way of the next 5-star DT or even 4-star walk on getting that scholarship. I assume if they wanted, they could have re-qualified him and given him a "fresh" scholarship if they felt he was in a position to contribute, but they saw a full roster of 4-5 star players without that injury history as a better scenario for them and for him (allowing him to move on).
Yep

Yep, and fortunately for us these young people, with proper rehab over time, come back strong and ready to roll...hopefully that's the case with him too

The kid could very well play 13 games for Syracuse next year, he will be 2 years past the injury by the time he takes the field for Syracuse. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think the knees should be fine, whether he is a big contributor here, who knows? But well worth taking a shot with him and if he does stay healthy could get a ton of snaps at DT.

He certainly is the type of DT that many have been looking for and Alabama isn't going to hold a roster spot for 2 years for guys, they medically DQ'ed, I am sure so they could keep his scholarship, graduate, rehab properly and move on. Everybody wins and saves face. How it works at the factories but certainly not a bad ending, kid made the best of a bad situation and I am hoping he can revive his career here at Syracuse because the opportunity is there. Win, lose or draw he should have a master's degree when he leaves here, not too shabby
Damn. Only 13? It’ll make winning the National Championship a bit tougher if we don’t have him for the CFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.