Class of 2025 - DL Elijah Crawford (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/5/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DL Elijah Crawford (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/5/24)

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

A commit is never let, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Welcome to the Cuse, Elijah!
Last year 17 OL, and DL. 13 were 260+.
This year so far 12, and 11 are 260 +.
If you go back to 2016 on 247, the players Babers brought in had no where near that size when they got here.
When you are getting beat up at the line of scrimmage no offense or defense is going to work every game.
You have to have players with size in the pipeline to start playing the 2nd and 3rd years.
Dino never recruited that way. He had guys who were 6-7- 235 as freshmen OL.

Last year 17 OL, and DL. 13 were 260+.
This year so far 12, and 11 are 260 +.
If you go back to 2016 on 247, the players Babers brought in had no where near that size when they got here.
When you are getting beat up at the line of scrimmage no offense or defense is going to work every game.
You have to have players with size in the pipeline to start playing the 2nd and 3rd years.
Dino never recruited that way. He had guys who were 6-7- 235 as freshmen OL.
I imagine the OL is a starker difference in sizes than the DL. Ends can be a little lightweight

Massive human (6’3, 285) - check
Core crootin area (DMV) - check
Peer offers (WVU, Rutgers, Pitt, VT) - check

This class doesn’t have much “star power” yet, but HCFMFB is laying down roots with solid programs and bonafide P4 players all across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.

Massive human (6’3, 285) - check
Core crootin area (DMV) - check
Peer offers (WVU, Rutgers, Pitt, VT) - check

This class doesn’t have much “star power” yet, but HCFMFB is laying down roots with solid programs and bonafide P4 players all across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Not sure why people keep saying this class does not have star power. True no top 250 players but loaded with 88,87 and 86 players. Best overall class in over 20 years.

Not sure why people keep saying this class does not have star power. True no top 250 players but loaded with 88,87 and 86 players. Best overall class in over 20 years.
I mean you answered your own question. It’s no different than listening to draft analysts saying this class is as deep as any the past 20 years, but it’s lacking an elite superstar talent.

1 superstar doesn’t equate to what an entire team of talent can do. So this is a far better way to build. That said, don’t get me wrong nobody here will be disparaging the first top 100 recruit Fran gets across the finish line.

Here’s hoping Crawford is another step in the soon to be pipeline of elite talent and future NFLers Fran is bringing to Cuse.

And there are a few who are criminally under rated according to the sites. This could easily be a top 20 class. But by far the best we have seen in a very long time

I mean you answered your own question. It’s no different than listening to draft analysts saying this class is as deep as any the past 20 years, but it’s lacking an elite superstar talent.

1 superstar doesn’t equate to what an entire team of talent can do. So this is a far better way to build. That said, don’t get me wrong nobody here will be disparaging the first top 100 recruit Fran gets across the finish line.

Here’s hoping Crawford is another step in the soon to be pipeline of elite talent and future NFLers Fran is bringing to Cuse.
Exactly. I was hoping we’ve finally got past making things into what they aren’t which is what consistently happened during the Dino era. Top 250 kids are consistent, immediate impact type players. It’s not debatable. It doesn’t mean that a kid that isn’t a top 250 player can’t be an immediate impact player because that happens as well. But you need recruits in every class that you have a high chance of getting an immediate impact out of. That’s what power programs do.

This is our best class in years by a country mile but let’s not make it into something it’s not. It doesn’t mean it won’t become that by the time all is said and done next Feb.

Does the class have any top 250 players? You may measure star players in a different way than others do. That’s your prerogative but I’m pretty sure those of us talking about lack of top end or higher probability immediate impact players are referring to top 250 kids.

Exactly. I was hoping we’ve finally got past making things into what they aren’t which is what consistently happened during the Dino era. Top 250 kids are consistent, immediate impact type players. It’s not debatable. It doesn’t mean that a kid that isn’t a top 250 player can’t be an immediate impact player because that happens as well. But you need recruits in every class that you have a high chance of getting an immediate impact out of. That’s what power programs do.

This is our best class in years by a country mile but let’s not make it into something it’s not. It doesn’t mean it won’t become that by the time all is said and done next Feb.

The nice thing about this class is that we just brought in a ton of players in the current class, including young linemen, young receivers, young DBs. Now we have even more depth, so these guys have competition and hopefully all will improve.