Class of 2021 - DL Elijah Jeudy (PA) Portal from Texas A&M to Nebraska | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Elijah Jeudy (PA) Portal from Texas A&M to Nebraska

Ephi'ing A, Cotton.

Eph'ing A.

Great news. Just one of these guys would really bolster what we've already got at DT. A prospect like this could help the entire defense take things to the next level. No exaggeration -- the lone addition of a player like this would singlehandedly remediate the lone missing piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:
Bring him in and get that commitment. Bring a guy like him in and it has a riple effect. Shows other high end portal transfers something good might be happening at Cuse. One commit turns into another and another.

Agreed. Last year, we did a very nice job of flipping some commits and landing portal transfers at some key positions of need, but struck out in a few areas.

I believe that was attributable to us falling short of bowl eligibility. Much different message to "sell" to prospective transfers when you can point to a 6-0 start, going to a bowl, that injuries derailed an otherwise promising year that would have had even MORE success, and that we're poised for bigger things NEXT year... especially if the recruit you're talking to comes there, to be a part of it.

If this kid signs, I’d bump Lockett to end opposite Caleb. And play three lines.
What's interesting to me is Jeudy was quoted as saying Achuff said he was telling him how Syracuse needs defensive ends, and how I would be able to fit in their scheme. Wondering if that is what was really said or he mispoke or misinterpreted and Achuff realy said DL and not DE's?

Actually he was committed to Texas A&M and lost his scholly.

Really? I don't remember that but maybe it was discussed in his recruitment thread. I just know that the 247 timeline of events doesn't mention it and the SU Athletics profile doesn't mention it. But I guess the SU Athletics wouldn't mention it if that was the case.

Caleb Okechukwu - Football - Syracuse University Athletics

But certainly agree he worked out well. I think he is really the perfect size DE in this scheme. 6'-1" and 275 lbs. He was good against the run and a very good pass rusher.

Really? I don't remember that but maybe it was discussed in his recruitment thread. I just know that the 247 timeline of events doesn't mention it and the SU Athletics profile doesn't mention it. But I guess the SU Athletics wouldn't mention it if that was the case.

But certainly agree he worked out well. I think he is really the perfect size DE in this scheme. 6'-1" and 275 lbs. He was good against the run and a very good pass rusher.
Well perfect for one of the DE spots. I like them slightly shorter, with mass and still explosive. Optimally the other DE spot should be longer like 6'4" and 250-260 lbs, very explosive with a better ability to get around the edge IMO. But if Jeudy can play DE and be explosive at 295 lbs all the better. Or maybe he loses 10 lbs. This is obviously just my opinion though which means nothing.

He's talking about Alton Robinson, not Ckechukwu.

He was an ATM commit, then had an incident where he snatched his girlfriend's cell phone from her and pushed her down, causing ATM to rescind his scholarship offer, he ended up at a JUCO.

He was an ATM commit, then had an incident where he snatched his girlfriend's cell phone from her and pushed her down, causing ATM to rescind his scholarship offer, he ended up at a JUCO.

I was going to say I even said Alton Robinson in my original post.

Doug Judy likes this offer:

brooklyn nine nine dance GIF by Fox TV

I know that there is always a chance but re-offering a kid that went somewhere else the first time they were offered doesn't seem likely to succeed the second time around either.
Cole Swider says hello from the basketball side of things

Woops. I posted the wrong link. I was talking about Robinson regarding the profile and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.

Alton Robinson - Football - Syracuse University Athletics

And for some reason I was really thinking of Cody Roscoe and listed his measurable's. Not sure why i get those two confused sometimes. I like an explosive tank of a player at one of the DD spots in the 3-3-5 similar to Roscoe.

Bring him in and get that commitment. Bring a guy like him in and it has a riple effect. Shows other high end portal transfers something good might be happening at Cuse. One commit turns into another and another.
The problem is that the transfer commits usually happen pretty fast. If they're in demand and you don't get 'em on campus quickly, they're gone.

Last edited:
Woops. I posted the wrong link. I was talking about Robinson regarding the profile and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.

Alton Robinson - Football - Syracuse University Athletics

And for some reason I was really thinking of Cody Roscoe and listed his measurable's. Not sure why i get those two confused sometimes. I like an explosive tank of a player at one of the DD spots in the 3-3-5 similar to Roscoe.

When Alton Robinson left for school the morning of Feb. 16, 2016, he anticipated a normal day. He had committed to Texas A&M nearly two weeks prior. He just had to stay out of trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom