Class of 2016 - DL Eric Mitchell UF Commit will take OV to SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DL Eric Mitchell UF Commit will take OV to SU

Why are making such an enormous issue out of this?

Jekel said he doesn't think we'll bring in a DT if we don't get Colon or Peek. He has more connections than me, so I respect his opinion. I don't see how we can't.

I just don't like that you implied things that weren't said. Just a pet peeve more than anything.

I know the numbers don't work out this way, but I prefer to see at least one guy per class at DT. It's such a developmental position that it seems beneficial to always have guys coming through, especially since we not get to RS any of the Freshmen DT.

And I agree with Carter as a DT also.

That's a good point.

OK. You've had your say. Could we please not turn this into one of "those" threads.

I was finished. Also, I wasn't trying to start anything. Just letting him know the point he was trying to make was based on a misunderstanding is all.

here you go CL...your new avatar

images.jpg

Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-Charlize-Theron-as-The-Queen.jpg

From what I heard Ron Thompson will not be back if he has the type of season we all think he will have.

From what I heard Ron Thompson will not be back if he has the type of season we all think he will have.

He's gonna need 10+ sacks IMO to have a legit shot to jump to the pros. If he does that, we should all be very excited about how our defense is playing

He's gonna need 10+ sacks IMO to have a legit shot to jump to the pros. If he does that, we should all be very excited about how our defense is playing
He will have 8 by LSU game

Don't be so sure. We all thought Eskridge would need a much better year to be able to go pro. Granted, he wasn't actually drafted, but that's beside the point. He didn't know he wouldn't be drafted when he declared.

Don't be so sure. We all thought Eskridge would need a much better year to be able to go pro. Granted, he wasn't actually drafted, but that's beside the point. He didn't know he wouldn't be drafted when he declared.
Thompson absolutely has NFL athleticism. And he has a few moves in his pass rushing arsenal, a lot of rushers go to the league with one move, and they get their and never develop more. So he has a lot going for him, but he lacks production in a big way. At least Eskridge had a huge statistical year the year before and then spent half the season last year playing hurt. Ron needs to produce in a big way IMO to become a top 4 round pick, which is all anyone should be declaring early for (we all know that isn't the case, but still)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom