Class of 2025 - DL Ethan Utley (TN) Verbal to Tennessee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DL Ethan Utley (TN) Verbal to Tennessee

Syracuse: “They jumped in late in my recruiting process, but I trust coach (Elijah Robinson) if I were to choose Syracuse today. I trust that Coach E would get me to my goal of being in the NFL and I know that coach Fran Brown is building such an incredible staff up there and Syracuse is going to be taking the right steps in the right direction. That’s one of the things that stands out about that program… I have an at-home feeling being around Coach Nick Williams and Coach E.

That’s one of the things I couldn’t forget and that’s why they made the list… I also know the success that Coach Brown’s had at Georgia by winning multiple national championships and that he has a winning mindset. Also, I like the energy that coach Williams brings and how he develops his players and the relationship that I saw between him and Coach E that they had while they were at (Texas) A&M together.”

Syracuse: “They jumped in late in my recruiting process, but I trust coach (Elijah Robinson) if I were to choose Syracuse today. I trust that Coach E would get me to my goal of being in the NFL and I know that coach Fran Brown is building such an incredible staff up there and Syracuse is going to be taking the right steps in the right direction. That’s one of the things that stands out about that program… I have an at-home feeling being around Coach Nick Williams and Coach E.

That’s one of the things I couldn’t forget and that’s why they made the list… I also know the success that Coach Brown’s had at Georgia by winning multiple national championships and that he has a winning mindset. Also, I like the energy that coach Williams brings and how he develops his players and the relationship that I saw between him and Coach E that they had while they were at (Texas) A&M together.”
It’s becoming clearer that the kids that ERob and Fran recruited to UGA and A&M were there for them as much as anything. This is exciting stuff.

Yes sir, we are a factory school indeed.
Coach Fran gets it, and I believe he will help restore and augment our national reputation to its rightful place.
He may be on the Mount Rushmore of Syracuse sports one day in addition to caring about and teaching the next generation of men to grow into the personal and national treasures that they are called to be in life, faith, families and football.
No vision is too large for our new coach or our players or the University.
We are Top 7 all time, tied with Alabama in National Football League inductions into the Hall of Fame… and we aren’t done yet by a long shot.

Last edited:
The entire SU experience right now is proving that the school has less to do with the recruiting than the coach. Absolutely nothing changed about SU other than HCFB and the staff he has assembled compared to the last staff. SU was not holding FHCDB back; his recruiting ability and the staff’s ability was holding the program back. We should never settle like that again.

Like Fran said “why can’t I be the one these kids fall in love with, why not me?”

The entire SU experience right now is proving that the school has less to do with the recruiting than the coach. Absolutely nothing changed about SU other than HCFB and the staff he has assembled compared to the last staff. SU was not holding FHCDB back; his recruiting ability and the staff’s ability was holding the program back. We should never settle like that again.

Like Fran said “why can’t I be the one these kids fall in love with, why not me?”
I hear what you’re saying - but I think that sells the recruiting prowess of our current staff short. A normal elite level staff would have 1 elite/ace recruiter. We have at least 3, but probably more. And one of which is the HC.

What we have now will be hard to replicate. But point taken on excuses we’ve heard over the years.

Oh hell, just saying if we get this kid I will probably go into cardiac arrest. lol :)

Don't know...player stated he would commit BEFORE taking visits...
see what "shakes out"...

Most of what are currently our recruiting peer schools have 1-3 commitments so far in the 2025 cycle, that's the WVU, Pitt, Maryland, BC, Rutgers cadre of schools.

ND/PSU are at 10+ each. It will be interesting to see how our recruiting evolves over time and if we see the program under Fran move closer to the ND/PSU early commitment arc in the coming years.

Most of what are currently our recruiting peer schools have 1-3 commitments so far in the 2025 cycle, that's the WVU, Pitt, Maryland, BC, Rutgers cadre of schools.

ND/PSU are at 10+ each. It will be interesting to see how our recruiting evolves over time and if we see the program under Fran move closer to the ND/PSU early commitment arc in the coming years.
We don't have the history or track record to get that many kids to commit that early. Especially with no on-field success under Fran. Win 10 games next year and maybe it's different. But I think we'll always be in and around our peers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom