Class of 2021 - DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20)

I'm sure virtual learning wasn't as valuable in many respects as in class teaching but it could actually have been more beneficial in other ways. And I'd say in most cases virtual learning wasn't a complete disaster because of the school and the teachers. Mostly these kids were failing because many kids didn't do **** on there own. They had no one looking over there shoulder making them immediately accountable and wouldn't work on there own. My wife is a virtual teacher and i've heard about it way too much. She felt helpless because no matter what she did to follow up with the student or the parents nothing seemed to make much of a difference. Even many of her "honors" kids gave zero effort and didn't do squat. Many instances it was cases where the parents were notified many times of the situation and never bothered to respond. She said she felt basically like a glorified truency officer with non stop follow up getting no results.

everything you described makes it a complete disaster.

everything you described makes it a complete disaster.
Agreed. Not saying virtual learning was a success. I'm saying the reason for it being a complete disaster largely wasn't the fault of the schools. I think when people hear it was a complete disaster, many assume this is the fault of schools and teachers. While good teachers and schools certainly help, nobody wants to place blame on students or how a kid was raised at home when they are the largest factor in how kids ultimately perform. Schools aren't allowed to place blame on the way the kids were raised or home life situations. Rarely ever does a parent blame themselves for poor performance and typically doesn't blame the kid. Parents almost always blame the teachers for their kids failures. I'm sure not all of the software and technology used was great in many instances, but much of the failure to learn was the fault of the students actions or non/actions at home. Virtual learning isn't the best option for many. And on the flip side virtual learning was very difficult on many parents as well. Just a tough situation. Hopefully we can have a full year of traditional learning for 2021-22. Sorry to get off topic.

Hoping Jaelin can make it to Syracuse soon!

Really hope A) he makes it to SU and B) makes it this year. Roster is WIDE open for whomever steps up next year and would love for all vying for the positions to be at least a year into the program

Jaelin will not be part of this class and CbusCuse is right on with his thoughts on virtual education.

no actually he’s mostly wrong. But he does a great job of placing blame on kids and parents. He should maybe at least break it down into age groups though. Those darn 9 year olds who can’t self motivate - shame on them. How dare they not learn in their bedrooms on their chrome books. But 95% of teenagers don’t self motivate either, and none of you guys would have either at that age. I know people who literally left 5th graders home alone because they had to go work. What other choice was there? My district has 37 homeless students. How do you think they learned? I wonder if those parents responded to CbCuse’s emails in between getting high. Kids probably didn’t eat that day, forget about charging up the chrome book.

I also know a million teachers, superintendents, ADs and the like who over a beer will tell you it was a disaster; and parents who did all their kids schoolwork. Gimme a break with this stuff. Everyone did the best they could but it was still a disaster. CbusCuse is the only person placing blame by the way.

Last edited:
no actually he’s mostly wrong. But he does a great job of placing blame on kids and parents. He should maybe at least break it down into age groups though. Those darn 9 year olds who can’t self motivate - shame on them. How dare they not learn in their bedrooms on their chrome books. But 95% of teenagers don’t self motivate either, and none of you guys would have either at that age. I know people who literally left 5th graders home alone because they had to go work. What other choice was there? My district has 37 homeless students. How do you think they learned? I wonder if those parents responded to CbCuse’s emails in between getting high. Kids probably didn’t eat that day, forget about charging up the chrome book.

I also know a million teachers, superintendents, ADs and the like who over a beer will tell you it was a disaster; and parents who did all their kids schoolwork. Gimme a break with this stuff. Everyone did the best they could but it was still a disaster. CbusCuse is the only person placing blame by the way.
"I'm sure virtual learning wasn't as valuable in many respects as in class teaching but it could actually have been more beneficial in other ways. And I'd say in most cases virtual learning wasn't a complete disaster because of the school and the teachers. Mostly these kids were failing because many kids didn't do **** on there own. They had no one looking over there shoulder making them immediately accountable and wouldn't work on there own."

This is was the only thing I read. I stopped after that. Not sure about all the stuff you are talking about but this is what my experience has been like in my district. I dont speak for all educators and students. Everyones exerience is different so I dont think anyone should be speaking on what they dont know about. We dont know what happens in every city and school district. Now for Jaelins situation, Ive been involved since he committed. I know exactly what happened there.

Last edited:

Apparently you didn't read my response fully. I stated that I agreed virtual learning was mostly a disaster. Maybe you missed that. So your rant of everything after that isn't going to be disagreed with by anybody. I'll direct message you separate with a response.

We still want you Jaelin. Hope we get to see you in Orange!

Is the interest still mutual to have him at SU when his affairs are in order? Let's hope so.

He’s not on Monroe College’s roster. Twitter bio isn’t updated. Can’t find any indication he’s playing football this year.
Is that the school we were recruiting Savion Herring from? The OT that we lost to Tennessee. Thought I saw he was at the same JC; probably why we even scouted Herring?
Doesn't sound promising.

He’s not on Monroe College’s roster. Twitter bio isn’t updated. Can’t find any indication he’s playing football this year.
Moss is on the 2022 Garden City Community College roster listed as a C-RFrosh. His hometown is also listed as Broken Arrow, OKlahoma...???? Possibly a different guy but guessing it is the same. They have his first name spelled Jaylen...not "Jaelin". Listed as DE at 6-4 245.

Moss is on the 2022 Garden City Community College roster listed as a C-RFrosh. His hometown is also listed as Broken Arrow, OKlahoma...???? Possibly a different guy but guessing it is the same. They have his first name spelled Jaylen...not "Jaelin". Listed as DE at 6-4 245.

Jaelin Moss from Fairport, NY

Jae_lin_Moss_2_.jpg

and Jaylen Moss from Broken Arrow, OK.

Jaylen_Moss.jpg

Very strange. last article on him from 247 was July of 2021 saying he was going to Garden City Community College. He was not on their 2021 roster however. But was on Monroe Community College roster in 2021 but had no stats I think. But now this profile of a Jaylin Moss (spelled differently) is there for 2022 on the Garden City Community College website but his, name spelled differently and he's from Broken Arrow. He similarly plays DE and his height is 6'4" which all seems to make sense. His weight is 245 lbs which is in the range but his face looks thinner now, as well as a little bit different facial characteristic. He looks like a different kid to me. All very odd. He is not on the Monroe 2022 roster by the way.

Very strange. last article on him from 247 was July of 2021 saying he was going to Garden City Community College. He was not on their 2021 roster however. But was on Monroe Community College roster in 2021 but had no stats I think. But now this profile of a Jaylin Moss (spelled differently) is there for 2022 on the Garden City Community College website but his, name spelled differently and he's from Broken Arrow. He similarly plays DE and his height is 6'4" which all seems to make sense. His weight is 245 lbs which is in the range but his face looks thinner now, as well as a little bit different facial characteristic. He looks like a different kid to me. All very odd. He is not on the Monroe 2022 roster by the way.

This was the predictable risk when he didn't qualify academically -- that he might slip through the cracks.