Class of 2021 - DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20)

What do you know about him? In a typical year, would he have been a see-at-camp-offer? Or is he going to blow up?
Yes would have been a camp offer. Jaelin hasnt really attended anything yet. His film hasnt been shared with many coaches. Hasnt had much exposure and would have more offers if he had attended camps in the past.

I wonder what ForCuseSake thinks of this commit? ;)

Dear Jaelin,

1588268605968.jpeg

Starting to feel like the Quickening with the recent run of commitments!

Nice article in the Rochester D/C. The author (Stevie Johnson) has made the Orange a bigger priority than the D/C sports dept. has in the past. Last year, one of the editors announced that they had decided to give SU more coverage. That was a breath of fresh air for local Orange fans and a long time coming. Kudos to the D/C and great to see the Orange staff building local relationships that will pay off in the future.

Last edited:
I watched this cat’s video earlier yesterday. I’m guessing he has not made it to a lot of eval camps, because he’s going to end up a three star player.

Good size for a high school DT. Will end up playing a 0 on the 3-3-5 DL. Quick assessment - gets off the ball FAST. Shows good hands as well. He straight up bullied some centers in his film. Showed a good swim move, a spin move, and really good hips. Improved strength and conditioning, he’s going to end up 300 plus and a really great piece in the middle. Really excited that he’s a local kid too. We need a good rochester player to make some noise and get us in on the talented kids that come out of there.

Great find by the staff
Always respect your evaluations. Pretty dead on what I saw.

Who knows? Maybe Chandler and/or Arthur pop into a Spring Practice to visit their Cousin (and in Chandler's case, his old Line coach) and show the young bloods a move or two.

We haven’t lost a recruit to Stony Brook since the GROB days. We got this.

Surprised we don’t get any “stud” grad transfers from places close by like Stony Brook and Villanova and New Hampshire and Monmouth who are looking to play on a bigger stage. They’ve turned out a few pros in the last few years. Didn’t work in the other direction for a John Kinder but that’s too small a sample size, IMO.

Surprised we don’t get any “stud” grad transfers from places close by like Stony Brook and Villanova and New Hampshire and Monmouth who are looking to play on a bigger stage. They’ve turned out a few pros in the last few years. Didn’t work in the other direction for a John Kinder but that’s too small a sample size, IMO.
Not to veer the thread off of Moss (Sorry, CL and O79), but the reason you don't see "stud" DL grad transfers from FCS is because they don't exist. I follow CAA football pretty closely, and their d-lines are generally smaller and less explosive, especially compared to the ACC. The exception there is Tanoh Kpassagnon, who played at Nova before being drafted by the Chiefs, and he was a tight end who just kept growing.

Nice article in the Rochester D/C. The author (Stevie Johnson) has made the Orange a bigger priority than the D/C sports dept. has in the past. Last year, one of the editors announced that they had decided to give SU more coverage. That was a breath of fresh air for local Orange fans and a long time coming. Kudos to the D/C and great to see the Orange staff building local relationships that will pay off in the future.

Great to hear! Almost like someone from the Rochester market has taken a vested interest in encouraging local media to prioritize their Orange coverage!

I watched this cat’s video earlier yesterday. I’m guessing he has not made it to a lot of eval camps, because he’s going to end up a three star player.

Good size for a high school DT. Will end up playing a 0 on the 3-3-5 DL. Quick assessment - gets off the ball FAST. Shows good hands as well. He straight up bullied some centers in his film. Showed a good swim move, a spin move, and really good hips. Improved strength and conditioning, he’s going to end up 300 plus and a really great piece in the middle. Really excited that he’s a local kid too. We need a good rochester player to make some noise and get us in on the talented kids that come out of there.

Great find by the staff
Gotta keep Pitt and BC away from this kid

Facts

I'll say it again:

Syracuse CAN recruit effective defensive tackles.
Art Jones, Jay Bromley, Eric Crume, Steven Clark (very effective until he could not play), Kayton Samuels

We just have to make a concerted effort at it

Glad to see Moss and Lockett on board

I'll say it again:

Syracuse CAN recruit effective defensive tackles.
Art Jones, Jay Bromley, Eric Crume, Steven Clark (very effective until he could not play), Kayton Samuels

We just have to make a concerted effort at it

Glad to see Moss and Lockett on board
All those guys were lightly recruited. Effort has nothing to do with it. There's only a small amount of these kids and the factories grab all the good ones. We take the raw ability and have to hope we can coach it up.

Bad timing for Keith that the McNabb kid came along when he did.
Slight digression, but Keith wound up doing just fine.