Class of 2021 - DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya gotta love these kind of threads. Nobody knows anything factually but let’s all assume the worse case. There could be a number of reasons he hasn’t tweeted an SU offer. Maybe he told us point blank he has no interest in SU. Maybe he doesn’t want others thinking he’ll be coming here. Maybe there’s something we don’t know about and DB is doing due diligence. Maybe he forgot? Who knows? Could be many other reasons.

But let’s just assume DB is stupid.

Might be a lot of truth in this, I take back what I said

That needs to be the selling point. All transfers ended up as starters are playing significant time. Show the stats.
Uhhhh, Jakob Bradford would like to have a word with you

Really? Like Roscoe or Shrader or Bleich? Three transfers, three starters, none had a previous SU relationship. In fact, I can't think of the last transfer that did, and you can count the OL from Texas. We brought him, THEN hired his dad.
I'm thinking of basketball. Why do you find it so odd?

That's partly true. While they can indicate they do not wish schools to contact them, there isn't a section for them to indicate they only want contact from XX school. There is a comment section that compliance officers can type things in, but in the time I've spent around the portal, I've never seen comments utilized by indicating they only wish to hear from BCS schools or other restrictions.
All I know is what I read. Youi as a coach, and have access to the portal, know more.

How does recruitment work for players in the portal?

Once a player enters the portal, his transfer profile can be viewed by coaches from every school. Schools are then allowed to contact the player in order to gauge interest and set up visits. But if a player has an idea of where he wants to go and wishes to narrow his options he can place a “Do not contact” designation on his profile, which bars schools from contacting him first. The player can then reach out to schools of his choosing.

All I know is what I read. Youi as a coach, and have access to the portal, know more.

How does recruitment work for players in the portal?

Once a player enters the portal, his transfer profile can be viewed by coaches from every school. Schools are then allowed to contact the player in order to gauge interest and set up visits. But if a player has an idea of where he wants to go and wishes to narrow his options he can place a “Do not contact” designation on his profile, which bars schools from contacting him first. The player can then reach out to schools of his choosing.

Correct. That’s why I clarified.

Wait. I'm supposed to know you were talking about basketball transfers in football recruiting thread about football transfers? sigh...
No. What I think you're supposed to know is when coaches recruit a player, they make a relationship with them and their family. If the recruit chooses another program, I would hope the coach would say good luck, we really like you to have come with us and nobody knows the future, or something along those lines. Can you understand that.

No. What I think you're supposed to know is when coaches recruit a player, they make a relationship with them and their family. If the recruit chooses another program, I would hope the coach would say good luck, we really like you to have come with us and nobody knows the future, or something along those lines. Can you understand that.

Didn’t you post the other day that you were done posting on the football side?

I don't think you understand yourself. You are all over the place with your argument.

I don't think you understand yourself. You are all over the place with your argument.
I said Liepold probably recruited him when he was at UB. It seems odd that he is recruiting a guy from Albany now that he's out in Kansas.

Ya gotta love these kind of threads. Nobody knows anything factually but let’s all assume the worse case. There could be a number of reasons he hasn’t tweeted an SU offer. Maybe he told us point blank he has no interest in SU. Maybe he doesn’t want others thinking he’ll be coming here. Maybe there’s something we don’t know about and DB is doing due diligence. Maybe he forgot? Who knows? Could be many other reasons.

But let’s just assume DB is stupid.
Facto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online