DL Latarie Kinsler in the portal from FIU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DL Latarie Kinsler in the portal from FIU

With so much youth playing on defense Kinsler not playing at all says it all...wish him nothing but the best.

I look for the following to also enter the portal: Markiewicz, I. Jones, Ja. Williams, Barclay, Froumy, Petry, Rondi, Atkinson

I have no idea what any of those guys will do BUT here's my quick analysis:

IJones - regularly plays on special teams
Ja Williams - seemed to be featured all over during fall camp and is currently out with an injury
Atkinson - is a covid freshman
Barclay - is a covid freshman (played in 2 games) currently hurt
Froumy - R-So currently hurt or rehabbing (missed 2020 with injury)
Rondi - R-FR currently hurt or rehabbing (missed 2020 with injury)
Petry - covid sophomore (played in 10 games last season) not sure of current status.
Markiewicz - covid freshman (played in 2 games) current 3rd string QB

I have no idea what any of those guys will do BUT here's my quick analysis:

IJones - regularly plays on special teams
Ja Williams - seemed to be featured all over during fall camp and is currently out with an injury
Atkinson - is a covid freshman
Barclay - is a covid freshman (played in 2 games) currently hurt
Froumy - R-So currently hurt or rehabbing (missed 2020 with injury)
Rondi - R-FR currently hurt or rehabbing (missed 2020 with injury)
Petry - covid sophomore (played in 10 games last season) not sure of current status.
Markiewicz - covid freshman (played in 2 games) current 3rd string QB

Petry had off-season knee surgery.

Unfortunate but I guess he's the 2020 recruiting class's winner of the Max Beaulieu "heavily recruited Florida player that never contributed or didn't contribute much and left the program" award.

2010 - Max Beaulieu
2011 - No Winner
2012 - James Washington
2013 - No Winner, PJ (Aaron) Batten and Tyler Provo Honorable Mention
2014 - Alin Edouard, Adly Enoicy
2015 - No Winner
2016 - Jaquwan Nelson, James Pierre
2017 - Nadarius Fagan
2018 - Cameron Jonas
2019 - Jason Munoz
2020 - Latarie Kinsler
2021 - No Winner (Only Gadsden in that class so hoping it stays that way)

Last edited:
Unfortunate but I guess he's the 2020 recruiting class's winner of the Max Beaulieu "heavily recruited Florida player that never contributed or didn't contribute much and left the program" award.

2010 - Max Beaulieu
2011 - No Winner
2012 - James Washington
2015 - No Winner
2016 - Jaquwan Nelson
2017 - Nadarius Fagan
2018 - Cameron Jonas
2019 - Jason Munoz
2020 - Latarie Kinsler
Fagan and Munoz (and maybe Washington)-2 more undersized guys who never sniffed the field

2010 - Max Beaulieu
2011 - No Winner
2012 - James Washington
2015 - No Winner
2016 - Jaquwan Nelson
2017 - Nadarius Fagan
2018 - Cameron Jonas
2019 - Jason Munoz
2020 - Latarie Kinsler

We legit beat out Georgia for Nelson from what I remember. What an idiot to get arrested and booted. I wonder if he ever resurfaced anywhere.

Hell - we’ve been joking about bulking up 150 lb guys to play DT.

They just need the proper dedication to S&C. :p
For a second there I thought I was on the hoops board and you were talking about our latest center prospect.

We legit beat out Georgia for Nelson from what I remember. What an idiot to get arrested and booted. I wonder if he ever resurfaced anywhere.
Quick search didn’t turn up anything. Guess it was a career ending event.

I don't think he ever landed anywhere else from what I could find.

Petry had off-season knee surgery.
Screenshot_20211109-191127_Twitter.jpg

I'm always skeptical about the undersized D-Linemen-See Ish Goulbourne. They rarely work out, regardless of offer sheet and I said it at the times
Syracuse has excelled with undersized DL, TIm Green, Ted Gregory and Dwight Freeny are the 3 I remember. I’d take those 3 any day even if undersized DL like them are rare. Well worth the wait.

Not a big loss by any means but not ideal. Our top-rated recruit from 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 classes have all left the program and top 2022 recruit just decomitted. Thankfully have Duce left. Think the entire top 10 from 2018 may be gone at this point.

Each of these guys leaving isn't a big deal in a vacuum but at some point just the sheer number starts to become problematic from a depth/experience perspective. Portal is going to be vital to rebuilding our numbers but also kind of tough with the 2 deep filled with so many underclassmen.

230 is being kind. Talented but I never saw him on the line. Either he flexed to LB or he transferred is what I always thought.

Syracuse has excelled with undersized DL, TIm Green, Ted Gregory and Dwight Freeny are the 3 I remember. I’d take those 3 any day even if undersized DL like them are rare. Well worth the wait.
I'm talking weight, not height. I don't care about height, but it's been rare when we bring in 215 pound DE's that they are able to put on enough weight to be successful. We've probably had 5-6 of them just in the past 10 years that haven't been able to do it. Bringing in a guy who weighs 235-240 and needs to put on 20-30 pounds is different.

What magical university will they all be attending next year?
What’s funny about this is had they not gotten hurt I’d have expected Javonte Williams and Rondi to get some playing time this season. I think they will next year for us.

I also don’t understand speculating about things like this overall, none of us have any idea what’s going on with each of these kids individually.

What’s funny about this is had they not gotten hurt I’d have expected Javonte Williams and Rondi to get some playing time this season. I think they will next year for us.

I also don’t understand speculating about things like this overall, none of us have any idea what’s going on with each of these kids individually.

People see players who aren't starting or getting a lot of playing time and TRANSFER PORTAL, GOING TO THE SEC PROBABLY!

What the hell else is the point of a fan message board if you can't speculate?

I look for the following to also enter the portal: Markiewicz, I. Jones, Ja. Williams, Barclay, Froumy, Petry, Rondi, Atkinson
Ummm... Listing Barclay basically invalidates your entire post.

At least according to Mrs. Barclay

I guess. But it felt like someone scouring the roster for a bunch of names he hasn’t seen on the field and saying they’ll all probably be transferring, with no context.

If that’s message board speculation in the transfer portal era, so be it. But yuck.

If the mods don't delete a post, then you "can" speculate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom