Class of 2024 - DL Maraad Watson (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Maraad Watson (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23)

As long as it doesn't come with a ratings drop too.
I was just about to comment that couldn’t get any lower since the two Irvington kids and Fatim Diggs were all given 80’s which is basically no rating and weighing down our average. As I checked looks like Dohn just gave Watson an 88 a couple of days ago which is nice and fair considering his late interest.

IMO the other 2 should be at least 85-86 range when they finally get evaluated which should also give us a bump after the fact. Not that it matters overall but it does help with perception which is big these days.

I was just about to comment that couldn’t get any lower since the two Irvington kids and Fatim Diggs were all given 80’s which is basically no rating and weighing down our average. As I checked looks like Dohn just gave Watson an 88 a couple of days ago which is nice and fair considering his late interest.

IMO the other 2 should be at least 85-86 range when they finally get evaluated which should also give us a bump after the fact. Not that it matters overall but it does help with perception which is big these days.

Yeah, the younger Diggs is weird to me. They rate him as 80 (Rivals did the same, gave him a 5.4, 2 stars, which basically means you've confirmed he has a pulse). They also both report that he has offers from Penn State, Ole Miss, BC, WVU, UVA, Maryland. Rivals adds VT to that list.

Lesser degree with Lisaine. Same ratings, but offers from Pitt and Ole Miss.

Are the evaluators smarter, not caught up, or are the offers not entirely true?

Last edited:
IMG_5312.jpeg

OH BABY LETS FLIP THESE FRANCAKES

Yeah, the younger Diggs is weird to me. They rate him as 80 (Rivals did the same, gave him a 5.4, 2 stars, which basically means you've confirmed he has a pulse). They also both report that he has offers from Penn State, Ole Miss, BC, WVU, UVA, Maryland. Rivals adds VT to that list.

Lesser degree with Lisaine. Same ratings, but offers from Pitt and Ole Miss.

Are the evaluators smarter, not caught up, or are the offers not entirely true?
The wilder thing is that Diggs and Lessaine were each 90 and 85 respectively in 2022 then slowly dropped over the course of 2 years with no explanations. In fact Lessaine dropped from 85 to 80 on 10/12/23 and he had like 15+ sacks and was first team all NJ this season. It would be one thing if 83 or 84 because of said reason but 80 is like the standard rating they give for D1 caliber guy they’ve never seen.

The wilder thing is that Diggs and Lessaine were each 90 and 85 respectively in 2022 then slowly dropped over the course of 2 years with no explanations. In fact Lessaine dropped from 85 to 80 on 10/12/23 and he had like 15+ sacks and was first team all NJ this season. It would be one thing if 83 or 84 because of said reason but 80 is like the standard rating they give for D1 caliber guy they’ve never seen.
It's easy, he committed to Kent State. That must mean the "bigger programs" didn't want him. Joke will be on them when he's a high round draft pick.

It's easy, he committed to Kent State. That must mean the "bigger programs" didn't want him. Joke will be on them when he's a high round draft pick.
I guess…but he didn’t even commit to Kent st until December and he got a Pitt offer in the spring.

I guess…but he didn’t even commit to Kent st until December and he got a Pitt offer in the spring.
Ah! Maybe they dinged him for committing late? Assumed his offers weren't commitable?

From Irvington HS, coached by Smoke Pierre. Yes, the same guy we might be adding to our coaching staff shortly.

Transferred in from a small HS after his junior season. Can graduate this month and enroll for the spring. Was also recently offered by Nebraska and Rutgers.

The other guy mentioned in that article, Jahide Lesaine, is a 6’5 235 DE/TE who is also verballed to Kent. Would not be surprised if they are good friends and might end up a package deal.
Prescience!!

Very Nice - I love the Irvington Kid adds - these are the type of late prospects you like to see. Late Bloomers that start to blow up and have legitimate other P5 schools chasing them. Great stuff!

I believe this jumps us ahead of Louisville in class ranking.
Louisville is putting together a fascinating class. They have a massive number of transfers, some of whom are quite highly rated.

Their incoming class of HS recruits is small and undistinguished.

Dangerous to rely so heavily on the portal. It worked for them last season. Let's see how sustainable this strategy is, especially when asked to play an ACC schedule.