Class of 2023 - DL Rashard Perry (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (4/9/22) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Rashard Perry (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (4/9/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett was dominant from start to finish. Perry and the rest of the D line was unblockable. rutgers commit Deondre johnson was a non factor. No way he should be rated as high as he is.

Syracuse better grab Jayden Lewis as well. The kid is a hell of a football player on both sides of the ball. Im convinced he can play in the Acc. He was the best player on the field.
Have we reached out?

Bennett was dominant from start to finish. Perry and the rest of the D line was unblockable. rutgers commit Deondre johnson was a non factor. No way he should be rated as high as he is.

Syracuse better grab Jayden Lewis as well. The kid is a hell of a football player on both sides of the ball. Im convinced he can play in the Acc. He was the best player on the field.
Dino was at the game-Hopefully he got his attention

I know. This was yesterday when he said this though. There was a purpose for it. It was strategic. Imo.
Basically letting anyone (Dino) know that the kid is better than Buffalo and would listen?

Basically letting anyone (Dino) know that the kid is better than Buffalo and would listen?
No I was thinking in terms of him wanting to expose Linquist for talking to other teams or it could have been trying to help him get a bigger contract from UB.

No I was thinking in terms of him wanting to expose Linquist for talking to other teams or it could have been trying to help him get a bigger contract from UB.
Ah ok.

From that article they state that he had 93 tackles – 21 for loss – and 13 sacks this season. McDuffie stated that Syracuse will play him at all 3 spots along the line.
I could definitely see him moving inside on obvious pass downs.

My gut tells me we will regret not pursuing Lewis (Maybe we are). An August Buffalo News article announcing his commitment mentions he led the state in interceptions as a junior with 12, returning 8 for touchdowns.

My gut tells me we will regret not pursuing Lewis (Maybe we are). An August Buffalo News article announcing his commitment mentions he led the state in interceptions as a junior with 12, returning 8 for touchdowns.
Yes. My gut tells me that too. He can definitely play safety in the Acc. Great ball skills and instincts.

Last edited:
From that article they state that he had 93 tackles – 21 for loss – and 13 sacks this season. McDuffie stated that Syracuse will play him at all 3 spots along the line.
Last report I saw had him at 266 now. Guessing he will be 275, maybe 280 by the time preseason camp opens.

I think he is the prototype DT for our defense. But talented enough to also play DE.

Last report I saw had him at 266 now. Guessing he will be 275, maybe 280 by the time preseason camp opens.

I think he is the prototype DT for our defense. But talented enough to also play DE.

Agreed -- I see this kid as a DT with the versatility to get upfield and make plays in the opposing backfield. He'll be stout against the run, but also able to shift around on the DL as needed, with the capability to make plays even when he lines up outside.

Agreed. That article also stated he was 243 lbs but I assume they just took that from his existing hudl profile that also says 243 lbs. He does look a bit bigger than that and im guessing those reports are correct. Also i mentioned it earlier in this thread that he has a brother Kevon (2017 HS Class) who was 273 lbs his freshman year of college and played at 298 lbs his senior year. He very well may be primarily a DT soon. Very excited for Perry to joint the program! He is going to be a HUGE add and I see him contributing his freshman year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors