Class of 2021 - DL Victory Vaka (CA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Victory Vaka (CA)

GeauxSU

2022 Cali Winner (Points Scored/Passing TDs)

This is a guy I would like to see our staff pursue to fill a gap on the DL. In the transfer portal, 350 LB, a pure gap plugger. He is a mountain of a man. Former A&M commit who ended up at Brigham Young. BYU's connection with Bobby "Motion" Anae helps reel him in? He is a beast and could play right away.
What impresses me the most from his tape is how quickly he is off the ball and his push is tremendous. And he is quick and agile enough to contribute to the rush, but I think that his value comes from playing in the 0 technique and plugging 1-2 gaps with his immense size.

Not really holding my breath on a guy that was committed to 3 different schools during his recruiting cycle and is a LDS kid who barely lasted a year at BYU.

I'd welcome a guy like this but I truly feel he doesn't fit our scheme. They aren't looking for 350 pound guys. They want 270-300 pound fast, twitchy guys that can blow up plays by getting into the backfield.

I'd welcome a guy like this but I truly feel he doesn't fit our scheme. They aren't looking for 350 pound guys. They want 270-300 pound fast, twitchy guys that can blow up plays by getting into the backfield.
Well said

Well said
We're all weary of the DL discussion. But as an aside, while this particular kid is not super experienced, if he's interested it would seem a little crazy to turn down a 350 lb. DL-zero-tech with some get-off, no?

Last edited:
We're all weary of the DL discussion. But as an aside, while this particular kid is not super experienced, it'd be weird to turn down a 350 lb. DL-Zero-tech with some get-off, no?
If he's good at that size then the whole country should be trying to get him.

If our coaches want him, then let’s see how this plays out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom