Do I understand this correctly? | Syracusefan.com

Do I understand this correctly?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
After the appeal, we are down eight scholarships over four years (I think that is the ruling). Since I "believe" we are four under for this year, does that mean we will be down four over the next three years?

After the appeal, we are down eight scholarships over four years (I think that is the ruling). Since I "believe" we are four under for this year, does that mean we will be down four over the next three years?

I think it means we can have a total of 11 scholarship players over the next three years. So one of the walk-ons will get a big bonus next semester and we can add one more player to our 2016-17 recruiting class. That is how I heard it.

No because it is a per year penalty as I understand it.

I think it means we can have a total of 11 scholarship players over the next three years. So one of the walk-ons will get a big bonus next semester and we can add one more player to our 2016-17 recruiting class. That is how I heard it.

This is correct. 11 total, this year, and the next 3.
Now - due to the NCAA giving us an extra schtupping w/ the Diange situation, we got a "bonus" 1 scholarship penalty for this season.

On the plus side, Taurean Thompson now has no need to wait until the Spring, since we now actually have a scholly for him.

We are officially docked 2 per year for a 4 year period.

Don't think of it as 8 "total" scholarships.

Does that mean we have 11 scholarship players in total?

Does that mean we have 11 scholarship players in total?

We can now have 11 this season. We currently only have 10.
Cooney
Silent G
TRob
DC
Chino
KJ
Richardson
Lydon
Howard
Chukwu

Maybe a Senior walk-on will be "gifted" with #11. Maybe not.

Either way, it won't get the sanctions over with any faster.

Next year we lose Cooney and Gbinije and gain Moyer and Battle, and have room for 1 more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom