Do the math | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do the math

Of course, being more worried about drivers licenses for illegals than keeping hospitals open didn't help. He's been a bad go over or since day one.
Why not call out the feds for not granting the Medicaid waiver?

reproducibility_badmath-hero.jpg

Not sure testing at a Wegmans qualifies as random, but I’d have to understand how the people were selected. For example, if they were just selecting 1 out of every 10 people that walked through the door, it’s actually not random. There’s factors that will skew the results (one being the people that shop at Wegmans aren’t fully representative of the population). But if there was random selection of people from the population and they were instructed to go to Wegmans to get tested, that would be random.

A woman who works with my wife was tested at Wegmans in Fairmount just the other day. As I understand it, they were testing anyone who wanted to be tested, until they ran out of test kits.

I'll share a personal experience...

I came down with a low grade fever last Wednesday evening coupled with a lot of fatigue and little appetite. The fever was gone by the next morning and never returned. I was fatigued for a couple of days but my appetite came back after a day. Other than that, I've been good.

When I first came down with a fever, my wife made some calls and was told that I should go get tested. However, the first open date for testing wasn't for five days later (Tues of this week). Even though I was feeling fine by that time, my family still pushed me to go get tested. I went to Raymond James stadium and got tested and was told that I'd get my results in 3-5 days, so I'm still waiting. Remember, I got sick 8 days ago. If this is a good system, please share how. I'm not looking for blame, just pointing out that we HAVE to do better.

Last edited:
A woman who works with my wife was tested at Wegmans in Fairmount just the other day. As I understand it, they were testing anyone who wanted to be tested, until they ran out of test kits.
Yeah, that wouldn't be considered random

by choosing wegmans you also eliminated a large group of people.. had they chosen Aldis it would have been a different group of people and Walmart another group..

They had to start some place but choosing a place more likely to be upper class and more often doing social distancing they probably lowered the true random numbers..

I'll share a personal experience...

I came down with a low grade fever last Wednesday evening coupled with a lot of fatigue and little appetite. The fever was gone by the next morning and never returned. I was fatigued for a couple of days but my appetite came back after a day. Other than that, I've been good.

When I first came down with a fever, my wife made some calls and was told that I should go get tested. However, the first open date for testing wasn't for five days later (Tues of this week). Even though I was feeling fine by that time, my family still pushed me to go get tested. I went to Raymond James stadium got tested and was told that I'd get my results in 3-5 days so I'm still waiting. Remember, I got sick 8 days ago. If this is a good system, please share how. I'm not looking for blame, just pointing out that we HAVE to do better.
You are right, but keep in mind three months ago few people new this existed. Less than one lifetime ago having the ability to even dream of such testing was unimaginable. In a way, that we can even think of having tests for this in a relatively short time frame is a technologic miracle.

Not sure testing at a Wegmans qualifies as random, but I’d have to understand how the people were selected. For example, if they were just selecting 1 out of every 10 people that walked through the door, it’s actually not random. There’s factors that will skew the results (one being the people that shop at Wegmans aren’t fully representative of the population). But if there was random selection of people from the population and they were instructed to go to Wegmans to get tested, that would be random.
I don’t think they used a random number generator. Actually they are not really random either. I think the word random is used pretty loosely.
actually it was pretty random how I met my wife. In certain areas of our country it is not random unless they were at a large family get together.

You are right, but keep in mind three months ago few people new this existed. Less than one lifetime ago having the ability to even dream of such testing was unimaginable. In a way, that we can even think of having tests for this in a relatively short time frame is a technologic miracle.
Does anyone remember the polio epidemic this country went through in the 50s?

Does anyone remember the polio epidemic this country went through in the 50s?
I do and remember being part of the first series of school age children to receive the developing vaccines.

I think the testing at Wegmans and other box stores has to do with the antibody testing to try and nail down an idea of what percentage of the population has been exposed. Preliminary results were ~4% of upstate (not sure which counties this includes) May have been exposed and 21% of NYC. This is all helpful information.

The CDC has a 6.5 billion dollar budget and the NIH has a 40 billion dollar budget,

The CDC has a 6.5 billion dollar budget and the NIH has a 40 billion dollar budget,
And along with the WHO three corrupt globalist organizations. Don’t believe the hype.