Do we have a bad loss? | Syracusefan.com

Do we have a bad loss?

All of our losses are to top 63 teams. ND is worse loss numbers wise at the moment plus it was at home.

KenPom has ND at 63 and OK State at 62.

However, BC, Pitt, Clemson, Wake, GaTech, UNC and Miami are all ranked below ND and we have games left with all of them

Thanks, so it appears we aren’t in too bad of a shape at the moment with our losses. It’s going to be important to split with ND and VTech.

Yes we do
Obviously never a “good loss” losing at home to middle of the pack teams. I’m talking specifically about the metrics used. I’d say we have less bad losses currently than some of our recent teams have had.

Obviously never a “good loss” losing at home to middle of the pack teams. I’m talking specifically about the metrics used. I’d say we have less bad losses currently than some of our recent teams have had.
that’s true. Duke has a much worse loss than we do. I’d rather have more wins with a bad loss than a lot less wins with no bad losses.

Screenshot_20200113-180818_Drive.jpg

Our updated team sheet. Helps to figure out "good" and "bad" losses. We need some Quad 1 wins come selection time.

All of our losses are to top 63 teams. ND is worse loss numbers wise at the moment plus it was at home.

KenPom has ND at 63 and OK State at 62.

However, BC, Pitt, Clemson, Wake, GaTech, UNC and Miami are all ranked below ND and we have games left with all of them

Not sure whether to take this as an argument for 9 more wins or you are arguing that we still have plenty of time to pad our bad loss resume?

We don’t have bad losses in terms of who but how bad is a different story .. we tend to look awful at times

This team can beat anyone in the ACC when hot and lose to anyone in the ACC when not. As the often-quoted saying goes "Live by the 3, die by the 3". All of our losses OOC were by 10+ points. Not good. Losses at home to VT and ND. Not good. Win at Virginia in OT to a team on the descent. Let's hope for the best for the rest of the year but not get too over-excited. Beat BC and hope for the best against VT and ND.

We don’t have bad losses in terms of who but how bad is a different story .. we tend to look awful at times

Heck, even on the night of this EPIC win, there was someone in the game thread whom I gave grief to fairly quickly after they said that (at that point) it was the worst college basketball game they had ever seen. (I replied that unlike the majority, sometimes in hoops or football I enjoy a good defensive struggle.

So even with a victory margin like this, the board was not immune from such hyperbole(and nobody else disagreed with them or even called them a "troll", a word that didn't come up until the lead was something like 20 lol). The nice thing about this team is that sometimes their inconsistency can turn out to be a strength.

That UVA win may not stay quad 1 for long if they keep losing. Not sure how Penn State is still quad 1 either given they are 35 not top 30.

Getting the ND and VT wins on the road are a must if we want to even keep hope alive. I like our chances given all the adjustments we made in game 2 vs UVA along with some of the recent positives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom