Do we have enough talent next year | Syracusefan.com

Do we have enough talent next year

Briancuse

Living Legend
Provided everyone comes back other than tyus. Do we have talent on the roster to be a factor in the acc and make a tourney run? What's the odds of adding a grad transfer or two?

Provided everyone comes back other than tyus. Do we have talent on the roster to be a factor in the acc and make a tourney run? What's the odds of adding a grad transfer or two?

If we can add a center who’s ready to contribute immediately then yes. That’s yet to be seen though.

I don’t think we have any room for a grad transfer. As it stands now we could have 12 on scholarship, which is more than we normally have. I think that We will be lucky to finish 8-12 next year in the ACC. I am preparing myself for a down year.

Plenty of talent. Now we have to do something with it.

If we can add a center who’s ready to contribute immediately then yes. That’s yet to be seen though.
I would add to that, that we need someone to step up and take the lead guard duties, and not just be a position holder like Frank ended up being that last two years. Those two things are equally important.

PG - Carey/Girard/Goodine/Washington
SG - Boeheim/Girard/Goodine
SF - Hughes/Guerrier
PF - Brissett/Dolezaj/Braswell
C- Bol Ajak/Sidibe

Whether people are willing to accept it or not, the expectations will be considerably lower given the roster turnover and additions. Their success next season hinders on the development of Carey, Boeheim, Hughes and Brissett during the offseason in addition to the new guys being able to contribute from the moment they step on campus. They will need to catch up the speed of the college game before it slows down for them the way it did for Buddy late into the season.

Probably a lot like this year:

-Middle of the Pack ACC as our baseline.

-Top 4 in Conference/Top 25 team if it clicks.

-NIT if it doesn’t.

I hope everyone thinks not. We may then end up having a great season

I don’t think we have any room for a grad transfer. As it stands now we could have 12 on scholarship, which is more than we normally have. I think that We will be lucky to finish 8-12 next year in the ACC. I am preparing myself for a down year.
We can take one and are actively looking at Jesse Edwards (normal recruit) and there are grad transfer names who could help if interested.

Will Brissett improve at all?
Will Carey improve at all?
Will we add to the roster?
Can Hughes be a lead guy?
How are the new guys?
Does Buddy take the next step?

We need all those questions answered.

Just another thought. At the end of last season I remember that Marek was thinking about staying in Europe. Is it possible he has the same thoughts? Or is he definitely back?

Just another thought. At the end of last season I remember that Marek was thinking about staying in Europe. Is it possible he has the same thoughts? Or is he definitely back?

He was quoted as saying he is very excited for next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom