Do we want 4 year players or 1 and dones? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do we want 4 year players or 1 and dones?

I don't think he's leaving but, that's just me.

We had guys killing Malachi when he left early last year and he was on a FF team. So was Lydon, yet they aren't good enough for most of the fans.

Roberson hasn't developed as a top 40 4 year player and this board protects him at all costs when Boeheim even looks at him.
Lydon did fine and most fans who follow the NBA see that he is a rotational player in that league.

He will have better guard play teammates in the league. As long as he can defend he will be fine.

Roberson I blame on the staff. The kid was a difference maker in the NCAA Tournament final four run.

Is there anyone that actually advocates targeting less talented players because they will stay for four years?
Would you take 4 years of Josh Hart or 1 year of Jamal Murray?

We want the best players we can get, it's up to them to determine how long they play for us. Mature decisions are not always made by young men.

Seems to me we have only had 2 guys who came in that were expected to be 1 and done...Melo and McCullough. The others were never expected to be gone in 1 year (Green, Ennis, Mali). Many of the 2 and dones were not expected before their soph year started to leave after 2 years (Waiters, MCW, Grant) but they had great soph years and bolted. SU typically does not get the sure fire 1 and done guys so it's really a non-issue. Yes, we want to recruit McD AA's. If they stay 2-4 years great. If they have great success and leave after 1 year that's great too. We also need some 4 year program guys who not McD AA's but have potential, like CJ Fair types.

What would have Cuse done without Melo? Probably a one or two and out in the tournament if not worse.

Without MCW? Probably NIT.

I would say first weekend of the NCAAs in both cases, provided MCW was replaced with an adequate, decent guard.

Without Melo, Edelin, and Duany we made the sweet 16 the following season with only Roberts(of the new guys) becoming a decent contributor at the end of the season. So possibly, that 2003 goes sweet 16 without Melo. Edelin, GMac, Duany, Warrick, Forth with Pace and McNeil off the bench is still a pretty good team.

i'll take a one and done over a grad transfer every day. at least those kids take the SU brand to the NBA.

i'll take a one and done over a grad transfer every day. at least those kids take the SU brand to the NBA.

I'll take whatever one is the better player.

Ennis vs. Gillon? Love Gillon, but it's Ennis. White vs. Greene... I'm going White.

Without Melo, Edelin, and Duany we made the sweet 16 the following season with only Roberts(of the new guys) becoming a decent contributor at the end of the season.
Nichols contributed more than Roberts that year.

What's the deal with everyone here being so extreme? Why does it have to be either 1-2 and done, or 4-5? Why not the Middle Path? Billy Owens and Pearl seemed to do well for The Cuse with 3 years. No mic drop necessary.

I don't either, I think its comical people are talking about him leaving.

I like you as a poster, but you more than anyone were hard on Malachi and now Lydon this year and they have been productive players.

Duke has multiple 5 star burger boys this year than have given them nothing or almost nothing. (Giles/Bolden/Jackson). Our guys may not put up 20 every game, but they are good players and have done a lot better than some other programs top 15-20 guys.

I don't think we can survive in the acc without some 1 and done talent. with that said, I like that we have 2 guys coming in next year that are probably 4 year guys, although I could be wrong about oshae

I just want 5 players on the court who can guard the guy in front of them, dribble, pass, and shoot at a reasonable level for their position.

Am I being greedy?

I want one and dones if they are clear cut NBA lottery picks.

For example if we got Dennis Smith Jr. I am okay with him as our PG for 1 year. He is good enough with typical Syracuse talent to push us over the top.

I don't want to recruit Tyler Ennis and because we don't sub him out and allow his stats to become inflated which causes him to leave after one year.

I would take a Scoop Jardine type PG over Ennis for one year.

I want a mixture of program guys and elite talent.

I don't think he's leaving but, that's just me.

We had guys killing Malachi when he left early last year and he was on a FF team. So was Lydon, yet they aren't good enough for most of the fans.

Roberson hasn't developed as a top 40 4 year player and this board protects him at all costs when Boeheim even looks at him.
SU fans just want to see Syracuse win games/championships every season. Just like every other fanbase. And they want to see players maximize their potential while they're at Syracuse and the best players to put their teams on their backs. When those things do not happen it frustrates them and they will vent those frustrations on public forums and social networks.

Roberson is a very unique situation.

I like you as a poster, but you more than anyone were hard on Malachi and now Lydon this year and they have been productive players.

Duke has multiple 5 star burger boys this year than have given them nothing or almost nothing. (Giles/Bolden/Jackson). Our guys may not put up 20 every game, but they are good players and have done a lot better than some other programs top 15-20 guys.

Malachi's stock was much higher last year.

Nichols contributed more than Roberts that year.

I don't remember either one of them doing much of anything, except Roberts playing a lot at Pitt and giving us the size to defend and rebound with them and we beat them on their court. But yeah, I see Nichols had better numbers.

I don't remember either one of them doing much of anything, except Roberts playing a lot at Pitt and giving us the size to defend and rebound with them and we beat them on their court. But yeah, I see Nichols had better numbers.
Without looking up the box score I remember both Nichols and Roberts playing well against Maryland 2nd round in 2004.
I remember Nichols making one 3 to squash a Maryland 2nd run.

Nichols was the starter after Edelin disappeared.

Nichols was the starter after Edelin disappeared.

Yeah, true. Forgot about that and didn't think into it much. Regardless though, we got little production from that hyped freshman class and still made the sweet 16. That GMac-Warrick-Pace core was really solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom