Do you root for conf mates in the tourney? | Syracusefan.com

Do you root for conf mates in the tourney?

Shark58

BANNED
(all this is way below the obvious "I ROOT FOR CUSE")

in the BE days, I was a massive fan of the conf and openly rooted for any and all teams save those douches inside the beltway

in the new digs it was pretty easy to get behind FSU and Clemson on the gridiron cause #goACC

how about hoops?

go Pitt? go UNC? go Duke? go Prov?

I loathe Pitt, Georgetown and UConn no matter if they played on planet Kolob. And I hate UNC even more, by at least an order of magnitude.

edit: and it's difficult to be hateful about Duke, especially when you consider where we might be today if K hadn't counseled G to come to SU.

I loathe Pitt, Georgetown and UConn no matter if they played on planet Kolob. And I hate UNC even more, by at least an order of magnitude.

go Duke?

in the BE days, I was a massive fan of the conf and openly rooted for any and all teams save those douches inside the beltway

in the new digs it was pretty easy to get behind FSU and Clemson on the gridiron cause #goACC

how about hoops?

I may be different, but Ive rooted against Duke and UNC for so many years that it's hard to root for them now. I remember when this board used to ream the ACC, and those 2 teams, for heaving a weak conference where it was one or the other's to win most years...like Kansas almost. When it came to the Big East, I grew up respecting my opponents, so it was different.

2014-08-13_0530.png

No for Duke, UNC, or Pitt. I can cheer for everyone else.

I will also talk about ACC success if it comes up in a positive manner after the games are done (like the ACC possibly going 7-0 in the first round). But I would never actively cheer for Duke, UNC or Pitt in an individual game.

G-town and Uconn no chance, i am starting to dislike Pitt, I don't really hate Duke, like any others do, like to see them lose, but don't go out of my way to hate them.

My March Madness rooting hierarchy is something like this:
1. Syracuse
2. Teams I like for one reason or another (Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Pitt, Service Academies)
3. Underdogs
4. My bracket
5. Rest of ACC

1. Syracuse
2. Teams I like for one reason or another (Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Pitt, Service Academies)
3. Underdogs
4. My bracket
5. Rest of ACC

Errggg. Now you are trolling me.

how about hoops?

No. Only if it helps my bracket...

hey if i'm gilligan then the skipper , professor and mr. howells throats get cut in their hammocks.

i keed i keed.

1. Syracuse
3. Underdogs
4. My bracket
5. Rest of ACC

You forgot

6., which should actually be 2.: teams that beat other teams that make Syracuse's path to the Final Four an easier path...that is usually underdogs but not always...

Unless it benefits SU, or I have money on the game, I will generally root against conference teams.

My hatred for the hoyas will never cease, along with ,followed by Pitt & ND.
As much as have tried, I dont hate Duke or UNC- but,I will cheer for the underdog against these teams.
That being said, I can live with Virginia winning a few more games.

In my head I think, conference team wins in tourney, good for SU overall... Strong conference, more respect, more kids etc.

However I find it very difficult to actively cheer for teams we compete against the rest of the year. Long winded way of saying I was cheering for Wisconsin .