Doc Gross leading the charge for ACC division realignment? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Doc Gross leading the charge for ACC division realignment?

Not if a power 5 team won a division and has 1 loss in a conference championship game.

You're sure about that?

Let's say this year Clemson went 12-0 then lost to Duke in the ACC Champ game. And ND was 11-1 with their only loss coming to, say, Oklahoma.

You're sure ND doesn't get in over Clemson?

You're sure about that?

Let's say this year Clemson went 12-0 then lost to Duke in the ACC Champ game. And ND was 11-1 with their only loss coming to, say, Oklahoma.

You're sure ND doesn't get in over Clemson?

I wouldn't be sure, but I think the blowout loss to Alabama took a lot of steam out of the Notre Dame mystique. So I'd go with Clemson (and Duke, of course ;)).

Who did Notre Dame beat?

I figure any changes to divisions will be in time for the 2015 season since I think its too late for this year
It's not too late... 4 home conference games & 4 road conference games.

Best to get it done sooner as it ties in with the MD->UL change.

Moontan said:
It's not too late... 4 home conference games & 4 road conference games. Best to get it done sooner as it ties in with the MD->UL change.

I suspect that if there are any significant changes it would require a lengthy review and politicking process. I can't see that occurring in the next couple months. Schedule dates tend to be set by April, right?

I imagine Louisville just gets swapped in for Maryland for next season and then the league looks at 2015 or 2016 as when division changes occur. Assuming they do anything at all.

It's not too late... 4 home conference games & 4 road conference games.

Best to get it done sooner as it ties in with the MD->UL change.

if su is sending out mini game packs like the one mark posted about it means the opponents aren't changing this year so alignment is unlikely for this year either

I suspect that if there are any significant changes it would require a lengthy review and politicking process. I can't see that occurring in the next couple months. Schedule dates tend to be set by April, right?

I imagine Louisville just gets swapped in for Maryland for next season and then the league looks at 2015 or 2016 as when division changes occur. Assuming they do anything at all.

dates will be set when schedule comes out likely end of January or early february. Pac 12 came out this today

if su is sending out mini game packs like the one mark posted about it means the opponents aren't changing this year so alignment is unlikely for this year either
I agree that it's unlikely, but I don't believe it's impossible.

If they can move a game date (Wake Forest to a Thursday) they can swap out teams.

Hey - if they can move the court for the Duke game after tickets are purchased, why can't they change the opponents? ;)