Does 5-3 finish do it? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Does 5-3 finish do it?

5-3 seems to be very optimistic for this team. In my opinion, it's about as equally likely as the team going 1-7. Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but haven't seen anything that makes me confident of a 5-3 finish.

It’s not crazy. We are 9-4 in our last 13 games.

I'm not so sure, at this juncture. Let's say we go 5-3, with wins over NC State and one of FSU/Lville. That means we dropped 2 more games to middling to bad teams (Pitt, Gtech, Miami, UNC, BC). Do we possess enough good wins with that resume? I think we'd be out, but barely. 6-2 with NC State and FSU or Lville probably just sneaks us in.

I know it’s water under the bridge but God I wish we could get that Clemson game back for resume purposes. Up 1 with the ball at the end of the game.
I hear you but not sure it changes our long term future - I still believe we need a win over the Cards or the Seminoles or its NIT.

I know it’s water under the bridge but God I wish we could get that Clemson game back for resume purposes. Up 1 with the ball at the end of the game.
It was a huge game and brutal loss given the circumstances.

Need 5-3 with 1 marquee and 1 tournament.

I think our expectations should be on the side we need a little more than other teams. Orange is not the committees favorite color in years past!

3-4 at home! My god! It was nice to see the fans show up against Wake! The dome was a rocking!!!

I think our expectations should be on the side we need a little more than other teams. Orange is not the committees favorite color in years past!

We have been treated extremely well by the committee the last 4 years. (I don't think

The final bracket matrix did not have us in during 2016 and 2018. And we got in. (2016 was a messy bubble, but the committee basically chose all P5 over the mid majors. 2018 was not much too separate many teams)

In 2017 we were the first team out on the matrix, and we were probably first team out by the committee as well. (the bubble list was very short that year -- only one team was going to have a decent claim at getting in that was left out).

Last edited:
The 5-3 finish to the schedule is not looking so hot. However, there's not 1 remaining team on the schedule that Cuse doesn't have a legit shot of beating. We'll need all 5 and a deep run in the ACCT for NCAA consideration.

Maybe JG3 can channel GMac's 2006 Big East Tournament run!!!

Stop fantasizing over the NCAA, barring a miracle that is. If the coaches don't get the kid's ready for the stretch run, we almost certainly will lose a bunch more. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom