Does anyone believe we will see JB tweek our playing style a little? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone believe we will see JB tweek our playing style a little?

"To quote Buddy Ryan, 'If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them."

"To quote Buddy Ryan, 'If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them."

Posted twice for emphasis!!!!
What Buddy Ryan win as a HC?
He had talented teams with the Eagles and didn't win squat.
He won nothing in Houston.
He won nothing in Arizona.

He did nothing as a HC but inspire the bravado of his son Rex.

He won a SB as the DC with the 85 Bears. Dikta was the HC.

I think he will surprise everyone by switching to the 3-2 zone next year.

For all the hand-wringing that goes on around here about JB's offense, this year's team had more than enough scoring firepower. It was inconsistent (and often poor) defense, and a general inability to rebound that ultimately did this team in.

There was progress for sure but the offense struggled against better defenses. I'd argue that Andrew White made so many damn tough shots with hands in his face so those were either bad shots or what was designed. Props to him. The dude made SO many contested shots. Also, Syracuse couldn't get paint points much. When the game against Miami mattered we couldn't score. Couldn't score in crucial contests on the road late in the season. Obviously I agree about the defense but the offense was far from a pretty picture despite the computer offensive numbers.

That doesn't mean he isn't right in this quote:

'If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them.'

There was progress for sure but the offense struggled against better defenses. I'd argue that Andrew White made so many damn tough shots with hands in his face so those were either bad shots or what was designed. Props to him. The dude made SO many contested shots. Also, Syracuse couldn't get paint points much. When the game against Miami mattered we couldn't score. Couldn't score in crucial contests on the road late in the season. Obviously I agree about the defense but the offense was far from a pretty picture despite the computer offensive numbers.
My point was just that the offense was good enough to support a nice run if the other pieces of the puzzle had been present this season. Next year, it seems the prospects for the offense aren't as good, at least the way it looks now. But lots can change between now and then.

He did next to nothing as a hc, and is a first class you know what, but the quote is very true.

My point was just that the offense was good enough to support a nice run if the other pieces of the puzzle had been present this season. Next year, it seems the prospects for the offense aren't as good, at least the way it looks now. But lots can change between now and then.

I hear ya. Defense was definitely the main culprit. Hopefully lots changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom