Does Anyone Have Direct TV ? | Syracusefan.com

Does Anyone Have Direct TV ?

anomander

Living Legend
CBS went out at end of IU-Temple game with 5 seconds. Still hasn't come back on in Syracuse.

What a disgrace of a company. Terrible service all around.

must be a regional thing.. ive had cable and dish and both were awful directv gives us. 20 dollars off a month every time i have complained

I have Directv here in Ohio and it never went out. I wish it did though...

must be a regional thing.. ive had cable and dish and both were awful directv gives us. 20 dollars off a month every time i have complained

i tried they said they couldn't do anything because it was a local problem. even though verizon and TW are both working.

I have had Directv since 2000 and have only had to call them twice. Once for a re-alignment of the dish after a terrible storm, and just last week when my receiver died.

My DTV in 'cuse is down too - God, I hate DTV.

i'm so pissed off right now. if this was during the syracuse game i couldn't even imagine my mindset because i am steaming right now. i just went off on customer service. they tried to blame it on verizon, but FIOS is working here

I have directv never have any problems. You probably need to have your dish re-calibrated. That thing needs to be lined up perfectly.

I have directv never have any problems. You probably need to have your dish re-calibrated. That thing needs to be lined up perfectly.

are you in syracuse? it's not that, i've had to do that. they told me they are aware of the problem and it is local

I agree I've never had a problem with the signal. Your dish might have moved off it line of reception. High Winds? Mine is on ground level in a back area,I refuse to call a backyard because it isn't . I have dogs that run around it but have never touched the dish itself although I wouldn't want to bet they haven't pissed on it

are you in syracuse? it's not that, i've had to do that. they told me they are aware of the problem and it is local

Not I'm not in Syracuse but I don't understand how that would make a difference it's all the same satellites. Did they say something was causing interference?

Not I'm not in Syracuse but I don't understand how that would make a difference it's all the same satellites. Did they say something was causing interference?

For most channels yes. He was watching his regional CBS station. They get that signal from one of the local affiliates I believe.

they said because it's cbs it's local. they also said verizon should be out too since that is who they get it from here, which is not. nbc and abc both working. who knows.

^it's not your dish - it's DTV - this is not the first time that a local channel has gone down with no explanation - in the past it's take a day or two to fix it - they don't care - F DirecTV (and UCONN)

^it's not your dish - it's DTV - this is not the first time that a local channel has gone down with no explanation - in the past it's take a day or two to fix it - they don't care - F DirecTV (and UCONN)

It was his local affiliate not Directv, no biggie it happens. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

And I still have it in Ohio with Directv.

That's why I keep saying, It's the local affiliates feed, not DTV's.

Sorry about the loss folks.

Bizarre times. I love DTV here in Austin. Never had issues. I've only ever called to cancel programming or move.

I had previously bought an antenna (when I was living the cheap life as a recent grad in LA) and it works wonders. It might be a good preventative purchase for several of you. $10-15 and it will get you at least all of the local channels (so you don't have to worry about weather drops or anything like that)

not back up for me OTA.. been down for awhile now.. but the Sat/cable feed is different

it IS DTV in the fact that on TW you use CBS for a few minutes, but if you have DTV you lose it for 2 days - Still nothing on DTV, BTW - and DTV