Does Anyone Have Direct TV ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does Anyone Have Direct TV ?

it IS DTV in the fact that on TW you use CBS for a few minutes, but if you have DTV you lose it for 2 days - Still nothing on DTV, BTW - and DTV

You are confused on how it works. Your DMA (Syracuse) is getting it's feed from the local affiliate. It is usually the digital signal that causes the problems.

the issue is with CBS local not Directv.

then why does CBS local work for everyone but DTV users? I understand that locally the problem may have originated with local CBS, but TW and FIOS have no problem getting back up really quickly. DTV just doesnt care.

then why does CBS local work for everyone but DTV users? I understand that locally the problem may have originated with local CBS, but TW and FIOS have no problem getting back up really quickly. DTV just doesnt care.

Have you called your local affiliate yet? I have no answer to your question on taken so long to get back up. It starts at your local affiliate. DTV does know of the issue I am sure, but if they can not correct it on their end they must wait like you until the feed is fixed by the local affiliate. I am by far an expert, but as an avid reader of many forums on DTV, your time frame for repair is abnormal.

Mine is still out. Had to miss the good wife now I'm really pissed

the CBS local works on different levels. my OTA from syracuse is still out. They send out the signal differently depending on how its used. TW and FIOS may have direct links to the feed. Directv probably gets it via a Sat Uplink which may not be working . the last few times the system failed you could watch on cable but not any other way..

CNYcentral says Dish is down as well.