Does Dave Pasch have the worst job in sports? | Syracusefan.com

Does Dave Pasch have the worst job in sports?

Calling the Pac-12 would be pretty good. Some great locations to visit, and some of your league is going to provide good weather on off days.

The P12 has some ugly games - but I'm not sure if any league has high level of entertaining basketball this year.

I commented a few weeks ago on the Walton thread that I didn't care for him due to his constant rambling. I've watched several games since then and must say he seems to be getting better, but still not where I would like him to be.

Pasch also does AZ Cardinal radio. As a Cardinal fan, I love listening to him

I used to hate Walton on the mic. No more. I would never want to see him call an NCAA game but he's zany and enjoyable for these pac 12 games.

Yeah, I can't imagine him doing legit games, but when he's saying crazy nonsense - he's pretty entertaining. He makes Pac-10 bball watchable.

Overall, not anywhere near the best, but not the worst. At least he's not boring.

Regardless of how this turns out, AZ is cooked long term. They just cannot score. ASU looks awful on O, but AZ just can't pull away.

I love Bill Walton. Another 60's kind of guy. He would be so much fun to hang out with. I suspect Pasch enjoys doing so. I don't get the animosity here

Samesies. I like literally anyone who does more than just present boring old textbook talking points. Go out on a limb, state your opinion, say something interesting for the love of god! Walton is the quintessential example of this.

Seriously, if we listed all of the announcers we have had to deal with this season, do you think Walton would be near the bottom?

The guy actually brings something to the game. He takes it strong to the hole and doesn't mess around with the boring talking points that a savvy fan would swat away like BMK and say, "Get that weak sxxt out of here!".

Some of you may be familiar with the animated scene in Pink Floyd's The Wall where the kids are being processed through a sausage grinder. That isn't for me even when I go through periods of being straight edge. Interchangeable parts are good in sports due to injuries and such, but many of us tire of clones in real life. I'm guessing some of you will welcome the day politically correct robots are doing the games. Heck, even your boy Bilas made a joke about Giloolying Cooney. I don't claim Bill is perfect, but I guarantee he is a draw for the folks who are sick of the SOS. I'll be the one guy(sober even) to have the ba*ls to say I'd enjoy him doing an Orange game until proven otherwise. If I can become the Bill Walton of the board, I'd consider it an honor. Fact of the matter, I think we should add some new categories to the Iggy's that aren't as dry as Moses's mouth and deal with something other than numbers and add a little color to the board.

Im still sober too, just getting warmed up!

cto said:
"Let's not talk about the Grateful Dead or Bob Dylan": Pasch to Walton ... near the end of the first OT
That was pretty funny.

I don't get the animosity here
And I don't get the love here. :noidea:
I happen to not watch basketball games for irrelevant, barely-coherent blathering (entertaining as said blathering might be).

We've talked about Walton before and I guess he's the type of guy you either love or hate. I like him.

There are seriously people who don't like to listen to Bill Walton? I watch Pac12 games specifically because of Bill Walton. He's a stoner whack job and hell of an entertaining listen.
Lmao...and he has the moobs to prove it!

The guy not only has to call Pac-1X games, but he also has to do it with Bill Walton.

That's gotta be brutal.

Clearly he thinks so. Most people would be delighted to have his job. He should try to tone down his disdain for Walton. Walton may be goofy, but he's lovable.

Walton is not my cup of tea. The two of them have no chemistry together...pretty painful listen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom