Does Dave Pasch have the worst job in sports? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does Dave Pasch have the worst job in sports?

The guy not only has to call Pac-1X games, but he also has to do it with Bill Walton.

That's gotta be brutal.

Dave Sims had the worst job in sports, calling all those Grob noon clusterflucks on the Big East network from 2005-2008.

There are seriously people who don't like to listen to Bill Walton? I watch Pac12 games specifically because of Bill Walton. He's a stoner whack job and hell of an entertaining listen.

He's a total dork, a legend in his own mind. If I saw him coming down the street, I'd cross it to avoid him. Seriously.

Rich Chvotkin's has the worst job. 39 years of calling G'town games on the radio. For that, the man should be commited to an asylum. Joe D'Ambrosio ranks a close second. That poor guy has to call games.

Pasch also does AZ Cardinal radio. As a Cardinal fan, I love listening to him

What in the world is a "cardinal fan?" Yeah right, unicorns and leprechauns are real, too.

Edit: ;)

The guy not only has to call Pac-1X games, but he also has to do it with Bill Walton.

That's gotta be brutal.

One of many gigs he has. Broadcast from warm areas with good teams and cool campuses. , I'd be laughing my way to the bank are you kidding me?!! Hopefully he and Walton kick it post-game. I know for a fact from someone who lived with the Waltons for a year in San Diego that the guy has GREAT hangs at his place. Walton is a guy I'd like to have a drink, meal, or hang with for sure.

Last edited:
He's a total dork, a legend in his own mind. If I saw him coming down the street, I'd cross it to avoid him. Seriously.

And I'm sure he'd totally care that you did. You'd cross the street to avoid Bill Walton? Thats just weird.

Pasch also does AZ Cardinal radio. As a Cardinal fan, I love listening to him
OMG another Cardinal fan. Don't run into many of them around here
And I'm sure he'd totally care that you did. You'd cross the street to avoid Bill Walton? Thats just weird.
Walton was a weird case for me. Being a college hoops fan in the late 60's and early 70's, my raison d'etre was to hate UCLA. But then I had a conundrum. I tended to be a fan of players who were off the beaten path, Walton, Derek Sanderson, Richie Allen, those types. So I liked the player and hated the team, one of those. He was as good as anyone who ever played college hoops, and you rarely hear him mentioned today in that regard. The year he won the title with Portland, he had as fine a year as anyone ever had. That team was a joy to see play. But injuries robbed him after that, and he was good, but never great again. I remember when he won his title with Boston. That was the only thing I felt good about the Celtics winning, that Walton was going to get another ring.

Last edited:
Clearly he thinks so. Most people would be delighted to have his job. He should try to tone down his disdain for Walton. Walton may be goofy, but he's lovable.
You think that disdain is real? The whole thing looks like a classic Abbott and Costello straightman schitck to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom