Does Dickie V Know Something We Don't? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Does Dickie V Know Something We Don't?

The full Dome thing doesn't excite me that much. Increasing the distance from the crowd to the Court is not a 'better' way to see the game, although it would be a spectacle with gaudy attendance numbers.

For my money, I'd rather see the SUAD release tickets only to SU FB and BB STH's until Dook agrees to give us 3,000 seats at Cameron Indoor. Let's play the ticket game better in the ACC against Dook than we did in the BE against GT.

If they do this, it NEEDS to be an all day EVENT. A couple of mini-concerts ( with relevant artists) would be huge. It needs to be marketed as THE PLACE TO BE. Celebrity sightings at court side. They should SELL SYracuse and SU, not just SU basketball. Combine it internally with a huge alumni fund raiser. All the rich and famous alums need to be court side, and seen and IDed on TV. The Chamber of Commerce needs to have ads run as part of the deal.

If they do this, it NEEDS to be an all day EVENT. A couple of mini-concerts ( with relevant artists) would be huge. It needs to be marketed as THE PLACE TO BE. Celebrity sightings at court side. They should SELL SYracuse and SU, not just SU basketball. Combine it internally with a huge alumni fund raiser. All the rich and famous alums need to be court side, and seen and IDed on TV. The Chamber of Commerce needs to have ads run as part of the deal.

This is sounding better with you doing the marketing, Cap't. These are some good ideas. I still think it's a shaft job to the STH's, but if their (legitimate) seating concerns can somehow be addressed (re-arranged seating locations, early/free admission to non-basketball events', etc) this could be a monster marketing opportunity.

AND free dome dogs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AND free dome dogs!

That's genius, then they can just charge to use the stalls in the bathroom. Also, free beer and expensive troughs.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey question for those in the know. How many donor level season tickets does SU sell?

Count me in the party that thinks this sounds like a very cool idea IF it doesn't come at the expense of the donors/long time supporters.

Hey question for those in the know. How many donor level season tickets does SU sell?

Count me in the party that thinks this sounds like a very cool idea IF it doesn't come at the expense of the donors/long time supporters.

I don't know the exact answer but I will guess that if there are about 15k season ticket holders, about 10k are donors. I used the preferred seating chart to make that guess and knowing what the Dome looks like when it is a Wednesday night game against a Colgate.

Rough estimates:

3500 Preferred A
3300 Preferred B
2300 Preferred C
2100 Preferred D

At least 11,200 total. Not counting the people in the courtside seats.

Then figure in maybe 4,000 season ticket holders with really good seats just on the fringe of the Preferred area.

Each row of metal benches seats 32 people across.

What's the big deal? Its just Dook, and you will be playing them all the time from now on. Act like you've been there before. At the end of the day they are just another conference foe and they aren't even the best program in the conference at that.

What's the big deal? Its just Dook, and you will be playing them all the time from now on. Act like you've been there before. At the end of the day they are just another conference foe and they aren't even the best program in the conference at that.

HUH????????

Been there before? No one has been there. Two winningest coaches ever. 900+ wins each.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Rough estimates:

3500 Preferred A
3300 Preferred B
2300 Preferred C
2100 Preferred D

At least 11,200 total. Not counting the people in the courtside seats.

Then figure in maybe 4,000 season ticket holders with really good seats just on the fringe of the Preferred area.

Each row of metal benches seats 32 people across.

So if they turned the court east-west and had mid court on the 50 yardline the first row of stadium seats would be equivalent to preferred C or B?

I'm trying to figure out how they could potentially pull this off. They don't have to worry about press row because the football press boxes will now be usable for hoops. I'm thinking preferred A will get courtside on both sides x rows deep which is equivilent to rind side seats that cost a ton at boxing matches. Perhaps put the students behind one basket and the band behind the other?

So if they turned the court east-west and had mid court on the 50 yardline the first row of stadium seats would be equivalent to preferred C or B?

I'm trying to figure out how they could potentially pull this off. They don't have to worry about press row because the football press boxes will now be usable for hoops. I'm thinking preferred A will get courtside on both sides x rows deep which is equivilent to rind side seats that cost a ton at boxing matches. Perhaps put the students behind one basket and the band behind the other?

The problem with putting rows and rows of chairs around the court is that the Dome floor is flat. There's no elevation change over the rows in front of you. I've been to plenty of concerts in the Dome, and unless you're in the first 5-6 rows, all you can see is the back of someone's head. I'd hate to be in Row 20 or 30.

They are second best after UNC.

How do you reach that conclusion? If you're talking modern era...let's say 1979-today (I call that the modern era because of Bird-Magic National Title changing the landscape), you'd have to favor Duke.

How do you reach that conclusion? If you're talking modern era...let's say 1979-today (I call that the modern era because of Bird-Magic National Title changing the landscape), you'd have to favor Duke.

They are pretty darn close. Since and including 1979

National Championships Duke (4) UNC (4)
Final Fours Duke (11) UNC (11)
ACC Tournament Champs Duke (14) UNC (10)
ACC Reg. Season Champs Duke (13) UNC (16)

One differentiator is that UNC has shown an ability to transition thru and survive the change of several coaches during the period. Duke's success has all occured under one master and like SU and JB there is the question can someone else replicate the success of the HOF coach that preceded him.

They are pretty darn close. Since and including 1979

National Championships Duke (4) UNC (4)
Final Fours Duke (11) UNC (11)
ACC Tournament Champs Duke (14) UNC (10)
ACC Reg. Season Champs Duke (13) UNC (16)

One differentiator is that UNC has shown an ability to transition thru and survive the change of several coaches during the period. Duke's success has all occured under one master and like SU and JB there is the question can someone else replicate the success of the HOF coach that preceded him.

Nice post. I didn't realize it was that close. You could argue either way.

I'm talking about all-time. UNC has more national championships, more wins, more final fours, more NCAA wins, more NCAA tournament appearances, and owns the head-to-head against Duke.

I'm talking about all-time. UNC has more national championships, more wins, more final fours, more NCAA wins, more NCAA tournament appearances, and owns the head-to-head against Duke.

That's certainly fair; I'd argue Duke is the better program now.

Partially agree. The thing that makes it bigger is that:
  1. First conference game in a new conference vs. a nationally recognized power
  2. Game pitting the two winningest active coaches (with almost 1900 wins between them)
  3. This has been talked about for years, and playing Duke in our first season in the ACC would (if we are going to do it) be the perfect game to do so.
  4. GameDay (I assume)
  5. It's a one-time thing (again, I assume)
Lighten up, Francis. And we have been there before.

There's more to "home court advantage" than having a lot of fans at the game. Just look at Duke...they rarely lose at home and only play in front of like 9,000.
Rare losses at home, for the Dookies, have much to do with their striped fans ON the court as with the Crazies. Works reasonably well for away conference games too. Not even the Tarholes get as many breaks. :)

Bitter, much?