does goggins move to de for this game? | Syracusefan.com

does goggins move to de for this game?

kcsu

Living Legend
We are going to be in a load of trouble if we dont beef up along the front on Friday. Pitt is as big on the Oline as most NFL teams. Is there anyway that we see more of Crume Bromley and Z and Walls in the middle with DG moving Strong side DE to give us more size? We are so light at LB that im afraid they are going to run the ball down our throats.

I would add to this the idea of Danny in middle and cam at weakside if we are looking for beef.

I would actually say Coker in the middle flanked by Spruill and Davis if we're going for size. Coker has no chance of playing though.

I like DG at SDE. We need to be careful against Pitt's OLine... need big bodies to eat up space and hopefully the LBs can shed the blockers.

I'd give it a look in certain situations.

mpb has been a non factor for the most part.

Diabates's gonna get killed filling the hole against pulling lineman tomorrow night. Don't think that hasn't been scouted either.

I asked that to Marrone several shows ago and he felt fine with Micah Robinson as our run-stopping DE.

I think losing Sloan and Raymon hurt us alot. They both might have been part of a rotaiton at DT that would have allowed Goggins to play his natural positon.

Diabates's gonna get killed filling the hole against pulling lineman tomorrow night. Don't think that hasn't been scouted either.

This. I love Diabate, think he has good instincts, is quick to the ball, solid blitzer, but when he gets to the point of attack, he is just being taken out of the play. If a blocker gets his hands on him, it's over. I really think MLB is the #1 position of need for this team and feel bad for Diabate, since he clearly gives it 100% every play out there.

is run defense really an issue? Minn avg under 3 yds a carry, NW struggled. SB had one decent run. USC ran OK but still 70 came on a reverse and we were running a defense to try and make them run. I dont think the teamshave run amok on us, but we are missing tackles and the Pitt RB will make us pay for that.

I think losing Sloan and Raymon hurt us alot. They both might have been part of a rotaiton at DT that would have allowed Goggins to play his natural positon.

Agreed and nobody has stepped up yet. I was hoping Goggins would have a Mitchell type year but it hasn't happened.

That said, what kind of attack does Shafer stress when it comes to DT's? Do they eat up blockers so the lb's can attack?

I would actually say Coker in the middle flanked by Spruill and Davis if we're going for size. Coker has no chance of playing though.

I like DG at SDE. We need to be careful against Pitt's OLine... need big bodies to eat up space and hopefully the LBs can shed the blockers.
Lynch, Spruill, Vaughan would give us the best chance against their OL in this game. I know Spruill struggles in the middle but it might be necessary considering Siriki will be completely overmatched.

DL - MPB (weakside) Crume Bromley Robinson

Goggins can rotate in at either DE while I think Zian will get serious PT rotating with Crume. Bromley needs to be on the field as much as possible.