Does THIS open the door for Pasqualoni at Penn State? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does THIS open the door for Pasqualoni at Penn State?

I bet it ends up being a famous alum, maybe one who doesn't even have head coaching experience. Matt Millen? Someone who can try to restore some sanity there.

I agree with this. The other name that comes to mind is Jack Ham.

P might be a good choice for a few years to serve as a transition to their next long-term guy. P runs a clean program and has a good rep - exactly what they need.
I concur.

vermeil is quoted in sanduskys book, so hes disqualified.

P really makes sense. ethical, high integrity and left penn state in may of 72 and NEVER went back. sandusky was there, but those are for 3 years...40 years ago. there is some distance there.

fwiw, IMO...it wont be P.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they can get a big name. Most of your big name coaches have egos the size of aircraft carriers and if they had no ties to paterno they'd be confident that whatever reputation they brought with them would be enough get people to look past this. I'm not saying they definitely will, but I won't be surprised if they do.

I don't see how any coach is going to be able to recruit there. They need someone like Gandi, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, JC, Muhammad, to even have a chance. They are toast. Why would any recruit and any parent want their kid to go there now? Tradition? How many years before someone gives them a chance?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hmmmm...I may very well be wrong, but doubt there is enough money in the world for those guys to take this job. They are all already set money-wise.

The PSU job will, IMO, be filled by a low profile hire who takes the brunt of the blow for the next 4+ yrs.

Mb

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they can get a big name. Most of your big name coaches have egos the size of aircraft carriers and if they had no ties to paterno they'd be confident that whatever reputation they brought with them would be enough get people to look past this. I'm not saying they definitely will, but I won't be surprised if they do.
exactly. Combine that with a boatload of $$$$$$$$$$ and trust me this is an attractive job. Especially for a big name with no ties to the school. To them its just another job.

Hmmmm...I may very well be wrong, but doubt there is enough money in the world for those guys to take this job. They are all already set money-wise.

Mb

Then you are very naive!

I think there's a lot of guys who would like to be head coach at Penn State. As to level of morality, the bar is so low raising it will be easy.

I wonder if Coach P is eyeing the vacancy in "Not So Happy Valley"

They need the "Transitional Guy." Whoever it is, he can't come in proclaiming to be the White Knight defending morality. That just isn't going to fly. But he has to be a communicator who is completely open-door with his program. Stabilize the image as much as possible for a few years, then go out and hire their big name coach.