Does this statement by Cantor worry you? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Does this statement by Cantor worry you?

Past history might say otherwise.

And a few? 15 is more than a few where I went to school. Hopefully she means TV.

Past history of moving in-conference basketball games???

Name ONE example of that happening.

Just one.

You can't.

When you have the biggest and best playground on the block (the Dome for hoops) you don't go across town to play in a park that's half the size.

Now, if we're talking football, where the Dome only seats 49,000+ and we end up with 10,000 empty seats - regardless of who we play - you can understand why they might wanna move to the new Meadowlands in order to expand our reach and make a few hundred thousand extra duckets.

But an in-conference HOME hoops game...Not a chance of that EVER happening.

Past history of moving in-conference basketball games???

Name ONE example of that happening.

Just one.

You can't.

When you have the biggest and best playground on the block (the Dome for hoops) you don't go across town to play in a park that's half the size.

Now, if we're talking football, where the Dome only seats 49,000+ and we end up with 10,000 empty seats - regardless of who we play - you can understand why they might wanna move to the new Meadowlands in order to expand our reach and make a few hundred thousand extra duckets.

But an in-conference HOME hoops game...Not a chance of that EVER happening.

You need to follow the whole thread, you're misreading a single post. The discussion was about moving basketball games, some said no way. The past history comment has to do with the football games being moved thus the comment about more than just a few in reply to IB.

Wow. Looks like IB, garbs, cuseman, bayside and about 5 others owe some serious "you're out of your mind bees" apologies. :) paranoid? Nope. Spot on

Dang!! Do I now have to apologize to IB, garbs, cuseman, bayside and about 5 others for asking them to apologize? Sheesh

I could care less where they play Duke or UNC in basketball, as long as the checks clear. The only thing that matters in college basketball is the tournament, call me in mid March, the rest is irrelevant. The only thing I remember from the 2009 team is how good Wes and Andy were but that AO got hurt and we lost before we would have had he been healthy... Final fours are what matter, not where you play a 1 conference game a year. If this is what pushed us into the ACC and not being in the situation the rest of the Big East is in then fine.. Like I said, I could care less. As many big basketball fans don't care about football, I don't worry about SU basketball as long as we make the tournament because that is when I will travel and that is what matters when you are an elite program... Again, Cantor is not talking about 4-5 games a year, she is talking about one, BFD. Get over it. Just like the football games, pack youyr bags and make the drive and have some fun. Get out of Syracuse for a GD night

People don't like it for basketball, cancel your seasons and I will continue to upgrade. SU athletics as in a death spiral until two weeks ago.

I admit I haven't read this whole thread but I would say that I'm far more supportive of football being played in NYC (in fact, if they never want to play football in the Dome again I'm OK with it) than hoops. I think the dome is pretty solid for big game hoops. If this is the price they had to pay, I guess it's alright but I think the price is much steeper (losing big rivalries that, at least personally, I really cared about and was invested in and potentially being involved in a conference with a southern identity, etc.). I am just praying to God that they occasionally have the ACC tourney in NYC. Please God make that happen every other year or every few years.

Dang!! Do I now have to apologize to IB, garbs, cuseman, bayside and about 5 others for asking them to apologize? Sheesh

::waits patiently::

No. She knows exactly what she was saying.

Hahaha. You know I love ya brother.
Wash uffize drive me to Firenze!
all in good fun, maybe I will see you at the dome this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors