Dom Starsia out at Virginia / Lars Tiffany in | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dom Starsia out at Virginia / Lars Tiffany in

Little help for those of us not able to see the tweets?

Little help for those of us not able to see the tweets?

It's Lars. Conflicting reports about if Kip Turner and/or Sean Kirwan will stay or go to UVA. Some players were told both were staying.

"...our aggressive, fast-paced system of play that relies upon uncompromising fitness, competitive fire and a passion, and joy, for the game of lacrosse.” Me likey!! :cool:

I guess we'll be doing more to hold up our end of the traditional UVa-Cuse track meets.

It's Lars. Conflicting reports about if Kip Turner and/or Sean Kirwan will stay or go to UVA. Some players were told both were staying.

Thanks. If Tuner or Kirwan aren't coming this will end badly for UVA.

upload_2016-6-21_18-11-50.png

"My intention is to keep the staff in tact"

Well, it's all well and good that he wants to make sure they have a sense of what to say and do, but are they coming with him? ;)

Agreed. Kerwin is key to the success of the program moving forward.

If the AD at Brown has any common sense he would be offering the job to Kerwin with a pay bump immediately.

If the AD at Brown has any common sense he would be offering the job to Kerwin with a pay bump immediately.

Boy that would be bold. The guy is like 25 or 26. HC Greg Raymond at Hobart is younger but is still in his 30s...i think? John Galloway is younger...maybe late 20s. Still what a decision that would be going with the assistant.

Boy that would be bold. The guy is like 25 or 26. HC Greg Raymond at Hobart is younger but is still in his 30s...i think? John Galloway is younger...maybe late 20s. Still what a decision that would be going with the assistant.

Since he came on board that team did a 180, Tiffany was rumored to be on the heat seat until the team turned it around the last couple of years with Kirwan on board. Strike now while they can still get him before a blue blood comes calling.

Since he came on board that team did a 180, Tiffany was rumored to be on the heat seat until the team turned it around the last couple of years with Kirwan on board. Strike now while they can still get him before a blue blood comes calling.
I think Bruno tries to get Daly, Kirwan's mentor. I think it's "easier" to move up to being a D-1 HC from being a D-3 HC. Kirwan would have to deal with not having been an assistant for very long plus now being a D-1 HC. When Desko moved up, he had been Roy Simmons' Jr.'s assistant for several years, no? I'm sure Desko would tell you his life was a lot easier having had the time to watch how Simmons operated in a bunch of situations. Their fans on Laxpower also seem to like Thompson, who I believe is the coach at Amherst.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bruno takes Daly that Tufts hires Kirwan.

I think Bruno tries to get Daly, Kirwan's mentor. I think it's "easier" to move up to being a D-1 HC from being a D-3 HC. Kirwan would have to deal with not having been an assistant for very long plus now being a D-1 HC. When Desko moved up, he had been Roy Simmons' Jr.'s assistant for several years, no? I'm sure Desko would tell you his life was a lot easier having had the time to watch how Simmons operated in a bunch of situations. Their fans on Laxpower also seem to like Thompson, who I believe is the coach at Amherst.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bruno takes Daly that Tufts hires Kirwan.
A Tufts alum friend of mine has been afraid of this all week.

Slightly off topic, but I see a similar trajectory for Casey Powell at Jacksonville. Certainly older than Kirwan, but I imagine he will be a great OC, who will install a fast tempo offense . He will get head coaching calls within the next two years.

I could definitely see that happening.

Slightly off topic, but I see a similar trajectory for Casey Powell at Jacksonville. Certainly older than Kirwan, but I imagine he will be a great OC, who will install a fast tempo offense . He will get head coaching calls within the next two years.
So if Desko falters the calls will be for first Gary Gait...then Casey Powell...:) then a new #22 for the Orange!

Of course. And if he has his act together, he'll bide his time while being a sponge on how Galloway runs the team.

So if Desko falters the calls will be for first Gary Gait...then Casey Powell...:) then a new #22 for the Orange!
Think Galloway may get the call before Casey, he's a bit young, and there are definitely people in front of him, Gait being the top dog, but if Desko lasts another 5-7 years, I think Johnny's got a real shot. Assuming he does well at Jacksonville. Watched his interview with Terry Foy and the kid just has it.

Think Galloway may get the call before Casey, he's a bit young, and there are definitely people in front of him, Gait being the top dog, but if Desko lasts another 5-7 years, I think Johnny's got a real shot. Assuming he does well at Jacksonville. Watched his interview with Terry Foy and the kid just has it.
Personally, I don't care if Deskos last year is next year or 10 years from now, I want Galloway as our next head coach. Doesn't matter what happens at Jax, he is the chosen one for me. I would have loved for him to join the SU staff for a few years but that isn't going to happen now. And I love CP, but he is way further away from being ready for a head job.

Personally, I don't care if Deskos last year is next year or 10 years from now, I want Galloway as our next head coach. Doesn't matter what happens at Jax, he is the chosen one for me. I would have loved for him to join the SU staff for a few years but that isn't going to happen now. And I love CP, but he is way further away from being ready for a head job.

You nutty goalies stick together.

I agree 100% on Galloway. He should be next in line (or after KD if he wants to do a Bill Guthridge type interim period).

Would love to see the next generation take over sooner rather than later and have no problem keeping Gait on the ladies team.

You nutty goalies stick together.

I agree 100% on Galloway. He should be next in line (or after KD if he wants to do a Bill Guthridge type interim period).

Would love to see the next generation take over sooner rather than later and have no problem keeping Gait on the ladies team.
Hey! Hey! Let's not get personal here! :mad:

First presser by Lars Tiffany. CNY boy makes good! Learned high-speed lax from the Onondagas.

Hoo - One of your future players, Wade Maloney, is helping coach my son's travel team this summer. Super nice guy, the kids love him. His highlights are very impressive on hudl. He will be in the Under Armour AA game this Saturday.

The game as it was meant to be played. "Fastest game on two feet." None of this stall-ball garbage.
Wasn't the game originally played between villages, as a test of endurance, not speed? Also, not sure there were face offs, LSD or LSM, goalies or out of bounds when the game was first played.

Wasn't the game originally played between villages, as a test of endurance, not speed? Also, not sure there were face offs, LSD or LSM, goalies or out of bounds when the game was first played.

Hmm. Alright.

The way the contemporary game was meant to be played. In my opinion.

Bulletproof. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom