Dom Starsia out at Virginia / Lars Tiffany in | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dom Starsia out at Virginia / Lars Tiffany in

Now they're posting on TheSabre that he said "No." :crazy: couchburn Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's right now.

Now they're posting on TheSabre that he said "No." :crazy: couchburn Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's right now.
What are they paying? I've watched a lot of fast-paced lacrosse. ;)

What are they paying? I've watched a lot of fast-paced lacrosse. ;)
Plus, you probably know how to roll a ball out on the field and "let 'em play." What other qualifications are there? We got this!

Plus, you probably know how to roll a ball out on the field and "let 'em play." What other qualifications are there? We got this!
Well, yeah, since both our Lax and Hoops coaches do it :rolleyes:

Hence perhaps that's why there's no news coming out of C'ville. They still don't have a coach.

You'd think they'd keep this search quiet. Too many leaks.

You'd think they'd keep this search quiet. Too many leaks.
The leaks are not coming from the Athletic Department; it's the others who have some relationship of any degree to the others involved who keep running to the press, etc. One thing everyone has to admit about the Department is that they are like sphinxes. There were no hints, rumors, clues, etc., when they hired Tony Bennett or Bronco Mendenhall. There are still people who are stunned we got Mendenhall because it was such a bolt from the blue {raises hand}.

TG-BacktoSquareOne.jpg

This is the craziest coaching search and firing I have seen in a long time. Letting Starsia go without a plan of attack is becoming more and more embarrassing.

That would be a pretty good hire.Recruits will come flocking to play for UVA given the uptempo style of lacrosse he preaches. Competing and coaching against the "new UVA" will make Desko's job tougher.

It's not like we haven't been playing uptempo, high-scoring games with Virginia over the years.

It's not like we haven't been playing uptempo, high-scoring games with Virginia over the years.

Very true but I'm thinking making the ACC tourney and beating UVA consistently (we're 3-1 against them since 2013) will be tougher in the upcoming years assuming Tiffany's teams are an upgrade from the current UVA.

That would be a pretty good hire.Recruits will come flocking to play for UVA given the uptempo style of lacrosse he preaches. Competing and coaching against the "new UVA" will make Desko's job tougher.
The folks on our board have felt all along that if it did turn out to be Tiffany, it was important that he bring Kirwan and Turner with him. Most feel the up-tempo game came to Brown with Kirwan, who learned it from Daly, his coach at Tufts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom