Dome energy | Syracusefan.com

Dome energy

BludOrange

All Conference
was non existent today. Crowd made no noise and gave the team no energy today. Have seen and heard 200 Cuse fans at a road game, take over a venue or force opposing fans to start cheering in a weak attempt to drown out the LGO's.

Today, I think there was only one small LGO that could be heard. Heck, you could even hear what single fans were yelling all throughout the game. Quite sad for a building with 20k fans in it.

Boeheim and many of players have said over the years how the team can draw energy from it's fans. Today was one of those days where our Orange could have used the added boost, even if it only helped a little bit.

I agree somewhat. I give them props for trekking up the hill in this weather.

Every basket in a low scoring, ugly game is not something to cheer about?

I don't think I said any player needs it, more that the support is welcomed by them and that is something that helps make the home court advantage that much more.

Lmao at only support them when the game is pretty and they are winning mentality.

You'd think they would need or want more support when struggling

Lmao at only support them when the game is pretty and they are winning mentality.

You'd think they would need or want more support when struggling

Unfortunately it’s just in the culture of the crowd at this point. It’s been like this for at least 20 years. The place only goes wild all game when there’s a lot of hype for the game like Duke, Nova when they’re good, UConn and GTown when they used to be good, UNC, Virginia last year(because they were good).

Unranked opponent = crowd will get into it if Cuse is losing with under 10 to go. In that situation, when Cuse scores the crowd will cheer and then finally decide to stand up and go nuts on defense...at that point it usually becomes a great atmosphere provided the team makes enough plays to stay in the game or come back.

You're really going to rag on 24,000 fans who came out in absolutely brutal conditions to attend today's game?

I guess so. What's the point in trekking out in brutal conditions to be as quiet as a church mouse at a college basketball game?

I will always laugh at the "have to be doing good, in order to have a reason to cheer" mentality being displayed in this thread.

I guess so. What's the point in trekking out in brutal conditions to be as quiet as a church mouse at a college basketball game?

I will always laugh at the "have to be doing good, in order to have a reason to cheer" mentality being displayed in this thread.

We could’ve been up 15-20 and it wouldn’t have been any different other than they would’ve had more good plays to cheer for 5-10’seconds at a time. In terms of sustained and proactive noise throughout the game? See above.

I don’t really know what anyone can do about it either.

I didn't stop yelling for two hours.

Sometimes I yelled at Marek.

Sometimes I yelled at Oshea.

Sometimes I yelled at the refs.

I even yelled at the Irish a few times.

was non existent today. Crowd made no noise and gave the team no energy today. Have seen and heard 200 Cuse fans at a road game, take over a venue or force opposing fans to start cheering in a weak attempt to drown out the LGO's.

Today, I think there was only one small LGO that could be heard. Heck, you could even hear what single fans were yelling all throughout the game. Quite sad for a building with 20k fans in it.

Boeheim and many of players have said over the years how the team can draw energy from it's fans. Today was one of those days where our Orange could have used the added boost, even if it only helped a little bit.

You have to be kidding.

Don’t post about being beaten by a team at home without two of its best players. Or that we elected to allow an offensive rebounding clinic against us. Or that we are offensively inept.

Blame fans who are CRAVING something to get excited about for not getting randomly “energized.”

You have to be kidding.

Don’t post about being beaten by a team at home without two of its best players. Or that we elected to allow an offensive rebounding clinic against us. Or that we are offensively inept.

Blame fans who are CRAVING something to get excited about for not getting randomly “energized.”

I have another thread I had created before creating this thread that covers those complaints. Sorry/not sorry you did not know that.

I have another thread I had created before creating this thread that covers those complaints. Sorry/not sorry you did not know that.

I can’t wait to read those since this insight is as accurate as our offense.

Cool, it actually covers our inept offense. What have you offered other than trying to bash me?

Also, how is saying the dome was quiet and lacked energy today, not accurate?

Did you think it was the "Loud House" today?

Why are you so offended by me saying the dome was quiet, why has it triggered you?

Were you there?

Hard to get excited for a team that can't out rebound some unathletic fatty the whole game.

Were you there?

Good and fair question.

No.

I have no leg to stand on, for this game. You got me.

Are you also mad that I made the claim the dome was quiet today and could have used a little more energy.

Is that a wrong assumption to have made and post about?

Good and fair question.

No.

I have no leg to stand on, for this game. You got me.

Are you also mad that I made the claim the dome was quiet today and could have used a little more energy.

Is that a wrong assumption to have made and post about?
not even about whether people were there or not - it's more about—as you noted above—it's how those people are when they are there. seems to be more and more hand-sitters every season

Were you there?

I would also venture to guess that the OP isn’t from the 315 area code either. Because if they were, they’d understand that the weather prevented a bigger crowd.

Were you at the game? (Edit: see you answered that question-above).

If not, it can be tough to actually judge the volume and energy with the way these telecasts are done. I recall watching the Clemson game and noting how quiet the Dome sounded on TV, when I have to believe that place was deafening loud at times, and just plain loud throughout the game. FWIW, I wasnt at the game today either, so i have no real clue how involved the fans were.

Were you at the game? (Edit: see you answered that question-above).

If not, it can be tough to actually judge the volume and energy with the way these telecasts are done. I recall watching the Clemson game and noting how quite the Dome sounded on TV, when I have to believe that place was deafening loud at times, and just plain loud throughout the game. FWIW, I wasnt at the game today either, so i have no real clue how involved the fans were.

The fans weren't involved. And I don't blame them/us. This was a pretty sad showing. The worst since getting crushed by St. John's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom