Dome energy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome energy

Were you at the game? (Edit: see you answered that question-above).

If not, it can be tough to actually judge the volume and energy with the way these telecasts are done. I recall watching the Clemson game and noting how quite the Dome sounded on TV, when I have to believe that place was deafening loud at times, and just plain loud throughout the game. FWIW, I wasnt at the game today either, so i have no real clue how involved the fans were.

In my OP, I wasn't trying to put anyone down. Was just a statement that it seemed quiet and that the team can always use the support.

I did say it was sad, for having 20k. But to me, it truly is sad and a waste of venue/home court advantage to not make use of the massive crowds. That is not a shot at individual fans.

why is it that every time we lose at home some clown has to start a post about how bad the crowd sucked? the crowd was fine. good god with this crap all the time. take off your blinders, and go find me all the venues that had better college basketball crowds today, because there aren't more than a few, if any. people need to stop with this BS.

Unfortunately it’s just in the culture of the crowd at this point. It’s been like this for at least 20 years. The place only goes wild all game when there’s a lot of hype for the game like Duke, Nova when they’re good, UConn and GTown when they used to be good, UNC, Virginia last year(because they were good).

Unranked opponent = crowd will get into it if Cuse is losing with under 10 to go. In that situation, when Cuse scores the crowd will cheer and then finally decide to stand up and go nuts on defense...at that point it usually becomes a great atmosphere provided the team makes enough plays to stay in the game or come back.
Actually they go crazy for T-shirts and Chairs

Also, how is saying the dome was quiet and lacked energy today, not accurate?

Did you think it was the "Loud House" today?

Why are you so offended by me saying the dome was quiet, why has it triggered you?

Shut up.

The team did not have many spark or runs at all to play off of.

This ain't minor league baseball where an organ plays a note and the fans say "charge."

I think your original post is completely off base.

was non existent today. Crowd made no noise and gave the team no energy today. Have seen and heard 200 Cuse fans at a road game, take over a venue or force opposing fans to start cheering in a weak attempt to drown out the LGO's.

Today, I think there was only one small LGO that could be heard. Heck, you could even hear what single fans were yelling all throughout the game. Quite sad for a building with 20k fans in it.

Boeheim and many of players have said over the years how the team can draw energy from it's fans. Today was one of those days where our Orange could have used the added boost, even if it only helped a little bit.
When you lose a game on a last second shot, any little advantage (like a great home crowd) can be the difference between a win and a loss.

When you lose a game on a last second shot, any little advantage (like a great home crowd) can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Might have to bookmark this

Sorry guys, this loss is on Headmaster9 & me. We did not whoop it up enough during today's game and I did not shake my big belly for the Pepsi fan cam like I normally do. Brissett was clearly effected by my lack of participation today. We will try & do better the next game. Please forgive us!!!!

:rolleyes:

Ive been to a few games in the dome and a ton at MSG or the RAC/Prudential/Verizon Center. Ill say one thing, its deff a more lively crowd away from the dome. Took a few of my friends to a game vs Nova when it was Malik Waayns led, they thought it was a morgue...

Sorry guys, this loss is on Headmaster9 & me. We did not whoop it up enough during today's game and I did not shake my big belly for the Pepsi fan cam like I normally do. Brissett was clearly effected by my lack of participation today. We will try & do better the next game. Please forgive us!!!!

:rolleyes:
Please turn in your season tickets. SU can then sell them to real fans.

Fans who make noise.

Fans who make the team win.

There was some nice Dome energy in the upper-level concourse when two knuckleheads were throwing punches at each other and rolling around on the floor after the game.

Also, that sweet DMX/other canned song medley during the last timeout...great energy. Fans didn't even need to make noise, the loudspeakers took care of everything.

It was 1 degree out and day 5 of a relentless 5 day blizzard. Anyone who went to that game deserves a thank you and a complimentary dome dog, not a critique of in-game cheering skills.

I was in section 312, the dome got very loud at times.

It was 1 degree out and day 5 of a relentless 5 day blizzard. Anyone who went to that game deserves a thank you and a complimentary dome dog, not a critique of in-game cheering skills.

It’s not about just this game IMO, it’s like this for most games. Big crowds that only get into the game at the end, if it’s close. I really don’t have an answer as to why it’s like that. But I’ve been to probably a couple hundred Dome hoop games, and it’s been like that for a long time.

we see stadium names changing all the time. what's it gonna take to get the name CARRIER off that building ?
they provided a 2.75 million naming gift when it was built. they gone !

When are the students back from break? That will help.

When are the students back from break? That will help.
that's another thing - does SU start winter/spring classes inordinately later than most other schools?

that's another thing - does SU start winter/spring classes inordinately later than most other schools?
I don't know when SU went to this mid Dec to mid Jan break. When I was an undergrad there I remember getting home a couple days before Christmas and going back the day after New Years day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom