Dome "Heavy Lifting" to begin March 2020. | Syracusefan.com

Dome "Heavy Lifting" to begin March 2020.

Does that still mean they start after graduation, this year? (Supports etc..) Just giving a couple extra months for removal/replacement?

I know there is good reason not to publicize the schedule, but it would great if we could get more details about how its all gonna work from a curiosity point of view.

I recall that they were to start after graduation, this year. Same next year, for removal. My guess is the "heavy lifting" is the removal/replacement, and they've added a couple months for that.

still a lot of hype around this project.. you would think keeping it in the open a bit more would keep the buzz for ticket sales going in the down season.

I recall that they were to start after graduation, this year. Same next year, for removal. My guess is the "heavy lifting" is the removal/replacement, and they've added a couple months for that.
I know there is good reason not to publicize the schedule, but it would great if we could get more details about how its all gonna work from a curiosity point of view.
If we are lucky they will have a live feed on the Dome exterior like they do for the Arch next door.

My recollection was this spring - the towering support trusses/spires go up, then next spring the actual roof gets replaced. Is this wrong?

My recollection was this spring - the towering support trusses/spires go up, then next spring the actual roof gets replaced. Is this wrong?
That is what I believe. This project is still a pretty high risk remodel.

I worry about the ability for the in place chiller systems to properly provide enough conditioned air to the Dome and nearby buildings. It would not surprise me to see more chillers built in Stadium West to feed the Dome.

I have it from good authority that the dome renovations will begin immediately after Boeheim retires. No timetable has been given for that, however. My source says that JAB wants to stay through the transition of Buddy assuming the head coach job after he cuts his teeth as an assistant for 4-5 years. So, we're looking at roughly 2026-2027 for start of work.
Disclaimer: none of this is true, as far as I know.

So, if we're correct, the timetable hasn't changed. Start the day after graduation, this year. Start in March, next year, to give a few extra months construction time.

The next question is if part of the 2020 lax season will be affected? 2020 graduation?

So, if we're correct, the timetable hasn't changed. Start the day after graduation, this year. Start in March, next year, to give a few extra months construction time.

The next question is if part of the 2020 lax season will be affected? 2020 graduation?

We have a whole thread on this on the LAX board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom