Dome Renovations... What Would You Do? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovations... What Would You Do?

We all have to remember the dome is simply a shell. Over time it can be gutted, a new soft roof can be added along with an upper level. I have heard that the foundation would not be able to support a hard retractable roof but i have also heard that it could support another level. Long term a new level could be added that would provide anything from additional seating to concessions.

i did not work on the dome when they first built it,but i have worked there after it was up and running.

i was told that the footings are already in place in case they wanted to expand up and out.

but an exterminator may be the first thing needed,when you turn on the lights...

I can't imagine the bathroom lines if there was a Tully's stand. Tully's and my stomach have a love/hate relationship and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

What do you eat at tully's?

I can't imagine the bathroom lines if there was a Tully's stand. Tully's and my stomach have a love/hate relationship and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Personally I dont usually have any issues with Tullys though I dont eat there as much as I used to. Might be what your getting specifically as I havent really heard of Tullys causing those kinds of bathroom issues.

Pretend there is no stadium and we will be renovating the dome and will stay another 10-15 years.

What would you prioritize?

I would say:

Get rid of the bleacher style seating. Add real seats.

Do something to improve the lighting. (I don't think the two are unrelated - reflections off of unused silver seating probably adds to poor reflected light.)

Maybe someone with a lot of interior pics could post them so we can all visualize the existing space?

Paint it

What do you eat at tully's?

Tully's tenders are a given and usually go with the broccoli chicken cheddar dinner as my standard. Switched it up to the jambalaya once and paid dearly. I'm generally in their Bingo locale during SU football season with a group of 5-7. We all love it but it seems someone always has issues afterwards. I have a pretty solid stomach but it even got me that one time.

My 11 year old asked me "why do we always go to Tully's when someone gets sick afterwards" and I was in tears laughing trying to answer because I didn't have a good answer, just simply "because it's delicious".

Perhaps we just have bad luck but they also seem to always be out of whatever beer I want as well as my 2nd choice the last time there. Still keep coming back though, it's a mainstay on my CNY trips at this point.

I worry they are going to abuse this horribly like they have the use of PA, and we are going to be assaulted by blicking garish glow in the dark colored advertisements all the time. Hope that they also maintain them, unlike what they did with the auxiliary scoreboards at the Dome, which feature so many washed out or no functioning bulbs that they are almost useless.

Hope the new replay scoreboards are of decent quality and a decent size. The original ones were really bad. Hope someone competent is hired to supervise content on them as well. They did a poor job with the original ones. Showing out of town scores in tiny font almost no one could read was not a good move.

Ditto. I'll sound like one of those negative people who I make fun of, but I've got no faith in Dome Management to do anything right in terms of game presentation. From the timing of music to the synchronization of audio to video highlights to the PA announcer's inability or unwillingness to pronounce people's names properly, they don't do anything right in that realm.

Love the dimming of the lights idea - that is one of the cooler aspects of the Garden.

Many have talked about dimming the lights for bball, but how cool would it be for football? We could have a really unique and intimidating football entrance with a video to hype up the crowd and then a spotlight just as we are about to run out of the tunnel. I am for anything that we could make our own and unique to playing a game at the Dome. The entrance has been piss poor since I've been going to games.

Tully's tenders are a given and usually go with the broccoli chicken cheddar dinner as my standard. Switched it up to the jambalaya once and paid dearly. I'm generally in their Bingo locale during SU football season with a group of 5-7. We all love it but it seems someone always has issues afterwards. I have a pretty solid stomach but it even got me that one time.

My 11 year old asked me "why do we always go to Tully's when someone gets sick afterwards" and I was in tears laughing trying to answer because I didn't have a good answer, just simply "because it's delicious".

Perhaps we just have bad luck but they also seem to always be out of whatever beer I want as well as my 2nd choice the last time there. Still keep coming back though, it's a mainstay on my CNY trips at this point.

Just asking because I used to have reactions like that in restaurants and found out I have Celiac Disease and that I am lactose intolerant.

Just asking because I used to have reactions like that in restaurants and found out I have Celiac Disease and that I am lactose intolerant.

Nah it hasn't consistanly been the same person. Seems like someone different each time actually. Celiac has to do with Glucose rather than Lactose correct or is it both?

LED technology is lightweight -- there's no excuse not to have a semi-permanent LED screen that could be erected during basketball season right behind the pullout section. Media scaffolding, video board, blue curtain stacked in that order. For basketball games in particular, the Dome is a "silver horseshoe". Instead of trying to minimize that effect with a curtain, we draw attention to it with an IPad display in the far endzone, and then we dress it up with advertising so big Ray Charles could see it.

Those are good ideas (because the open end of the Dome looks bad in the basketball set-up), but I've heard that a.) they can't buy an LED board that can be disassembled (because they're both much more expensive and unreliable) and b.) they don't have room to store a one-piece LED board (heck, they store the staircases for the bleachers and the blue panels for the floor in a parking lot next to Hendricks Field because there's so little storage space in the Dome).

But removal of the curtain for that tiny screen in the east end zone was a dumb idea. And any major Dome improvements should expansion, because a lot of the potential improvements suggested (better locker rooms, scoreboards, seating, circulation, concessions) are currently handicapped by the lack of space.

Nah it hasn't consistanly been the same person. Seems like someone different each time actually. Celiac has to do with Glucose rather than Lactose correct or is it both?

Celiac is Gluten related, which is the protein in wheat, rye and barley.

Lactose is the sugar in milk. A significant number of people have some level of lactose intolerance, but just don't realize it. Our bodies produce less of lactase as we get older, which is the enzyme our body produces to breakdown lactose.

Celiac is Gluten related, which is the protein in wheat, rye and barley.

Lactose is the sugar in milk. A significant have some level of lactose intolerance, but just don't realize it. Our bodies produce less of lactase as we get older, which is the enzyme our body produces to breakdown lactose.

Thanks for the knowledge. A good friend of mine has Celiac so we cook accordingly. Lactose intollerence is more common since apperntly Cow's milk isn't overly healthy for humans to consume I'm learning.

So back on topic... more Gluten free offerings in the Dome!

Well, I can't comment on the locker rooms as I've never seen them.

I'd go with:
1) Real seats on the lower level and upper level sidelines only, as well as the West end zone lower level (Orange)
2) Replace the remaining silver aluminum seating with orange benches -- or paint if that's possible.
3) Wrap-around electronic messaging
4) Find some genius who can figure out a way to focus the lighting for basketball more on the court itself, and diffuse the lighting on the seats
5) Raise the height of the scaffolding behind the rolling bleachers for basketball so that the TV camera can view the court from a slightly higher angle. (I know, it shouldn't bug me, but it does.) This would make the court look SO much better, as well as slightly reduce the unnecessary view of the fans in the background.
6) Install a large "S" on the Dome roof, so that when the sun is shining during an SU football game, the block "S" casts a shadow on the turf. (Could be a "44" if you prefer.)
7) All ushers would be friendly, attractive women in sexy outfits, and the beer venders would be women dressed in orange cocktail waitress outfits. (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)

What he said. All great suggestions.

44cuse

Thanks for the knowledge. A good friend of mine has Celiac so we cook accordingly. Lactose intollerence is more common since apperntly Cow's milk isn't overly healthy for humans to consume I'm learning.

So back on topic... more Gluten free offerings in the Dome!
Exactly!

Get rid of half the men's rooms and replace with ladies' rooms.

Those are good ideas (because the open end of the Dome looks bad in the basketball set-up), but I've heard that a.) they can't buy an LED board that can be disassembled (because they're both much more expensive and unreliable) and b.) they don't have room to store a one-piece LED board (heck, they store the staircases for the bleachers and the blue panels for the floor in a parking lot next to Hendricks Field because there's so little storage space in the Dome).

Granted, the dome setup requires more creativity and resourcefulness, but those are just excuses.

Removal of the curtain for that tiny screen in the east end zone was a dumb idea..

'Dumb' is not a strong enough adjective. The Bay of Pigs look masterful and brilliant in comparison.