Don’t think this has been talked about | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don’t think this has been talked about

Maliq Brown is this generation's Steven Thompson, by which I mean he quietly does the little things, gets the points, gets the ball, makes plays, doesn't need the limelight, but makes the team that much better. But taller. Much taller.

I never worry when Brown touches the ball, he has good court sense, knows where the basket is, where his teammates are, and where the opposition is. He will make a big leap this season. Plus, he runs the floor like a guard.

If Benny stays locked in (tv observations) he can be a big player next year. If we run more, he will be better.
Benny will do much better if he can play in transition.

Brown is our glue guy. A lot like pace but different. He is in right spots often and just makes plays.
And Copeland is a glue guy too, Taylor can develop into an athletic sniper. I want all the players. What we need to do is figure out how to get a couple of guys so much NIL we can make them walk ons!

Maliq Brown is this generation's Steven Thompson, by which I mean he quietly does the little things, gets the points, gets the ball, makes plays, doesn't need the limelight, but makes the team that much better. But taller. Much taller.

I never worry when Brown touches the ball, he has good court sense, knows where the basket is, where his teammates are, and where the opposition is. He will make a big leap this season. Plus, he runs the floor like a guard.

LOL. Uh, no.
Not remotely the same.

There was nothing “quiet” about Stevie.
Dude scored over 2k points in his career, the majority on highlight breakaway fast break dunks.

You wanna compare Maliq to Pace or early career CJ (my comp) then I’m right there witcha.

But Stevie?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

LOL. Uh, no.
Not remotely the same.

There was nothing “quiet” about Stevie.
Dude scored over 2k points in his career, the majority on highlight breakaway fast break dunks.

You wanna compare Maliq to Pace or early career CJ (my comp) then I’m right there witcha.

But Stevie?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Wendall Alexis.

Wendall Alexis.
That is a great comparison! Alexis was one of my favorites when I was very young! I met him once at the shoppingtown mall getting a haircut at Joseph Giannuzini (spelling) place who was also the president of the Hardwood club at the time. I also met George Papadakos before he transferred to Michigan State.

It seemed last year that Maliq did exactly what Boeheim asked him to do (and did it well), which earned him a lot of minutes. Shooting wasn't one of those things, unless he had a layup or dunk. Watch him showcase a jumper next year, with more freedom offered by Red.

It seemed last year that Maliq did exactly what Boeheim asked him to do (and did it well), which earned him a lot of minutes. Shooting wasn't one of those things, unless he had a layup or dunk. Watch him showcase a jumper next year, with more freedom offered by Red.
I don’t think it was a matter of lack of freedom dictated by JB that he didn’t take jumpers, it’s a matter of developing a jump shot. He performed at SU just like he did before he came here, rebound, putbacks, dunks, transition buckets. I’m certain the staff is working on developing his shooting. He needs to even improve his free throw shooting.

Wendall Alexis.
That is an interesting one - his senior year I think Wendall was legit right (double digit scorer and solid rebounder) and could shoot it a bit. That might be a good arc for Maliq.

Brown has a lot of work on his jumper. His form is odd. He shoots the ball from his chest. He looks Ike he uncoils his shot from his waist.

Red wants and will use a lot of guys. This isn’t gonna be the JB use 7 routine anymore
I got that sense from him, Griffin and Gerry when they had their own shows or on the radio for their weekly segments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom