Don McPherson on 'colored' remark: It shows ignorance, not hatred | Syracusefan.com

Don McPherson on 'colored' remark: It shows ignorance, not hatred

Donnie Mac gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved this part:

"I think the issue or race today, even the Sergio-Garcia-Tiger Woods thing. ... I don't believe that we're in a post-racial society or anything like that, but I do think people pick and choose to be offended by certain things. I think Tiger Woods being offended by what Sergio (Garcia) said is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. It's not like Sergio called him a n-----. It's not like he said 'I don't want any n------ around my dinner table. He made a joke about fried chicken. He's Tiger Woods. He's not all about black pride. That's not who he is. Where was his wife from? Sweden? And what sport does he play? Golf?
"I mean, come on. He's not offended by fried chicken jokes. I was watching Jamie Foxx the other day and he's telling all these jokes about white people. You're saying that's not a problem? That's not the same thing?"

When Tiger finally made his appearance after his sex addiction apology he wanted all of us to forgive him. Yet when Fuzzy & Sergio offered him apologies for remarks he refused to forgive them.

In Fuzzy's case it ended endorsement deals and affected his livelihood. That most likely could have been averted by Tiger saying I accept your apology. Instead he choose to let a good man twist in the wind.

I'm glad Donnie said what he said about Woods.

I said this in another thread recently, but Don McPherson is just an absolutely fantastic representative of Syracuse University. We are lucky to have him as an alum. I hope there is a full house when his number is retired to give him the recogntion he deserves for both his on and off field accomplishments.