Donovan McNabb talks Fran Brown, NIL, Kyle McCord | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Donovan McNabb talks Fran Brown, NIL, Kyle McCord

In this day of "moneyball" They are going to need to reach out to all Alumni for help and support. Over the years they have burned some bridges with a lot of alumni. With coach Browns Charisma they maybe can bring some of them back.
If they want a DJ before a game how about Rony Seikaly
how about a national anthem sung by Vanessa Williams
How about some motivation songs by Bill Joel I mean the Boston Red Sox use sweet Caroline , how about the Piano Man .
How about a documentary on the number 44 narrated by one of the great voices in sports Bob Costas
How about a pregame roster starters done by either Mike Tirico or Marvin Yes Albert

the total alumni should be involved and Syracuse has a lot of alumni not only in the Football world but sports and non sports alike
Those people also have to agree to do those things.

Also how is Piano Man (or Sweet Caroline) an "inspirational song"?

So am I recalling correctly that Donovan was the guy during the coaching search who led a small contingent pushing JW to go in another direction or was that another? Glad he is drinking the cool aid now if so.
People focused to much on Dino. No SU coaches for the last 25 years have welcomed alumni OR have recruited at the levels HCFB and his group are doing. Let me repeat no one has in 25 years. If HCFB can win his first couple years and bowl well he will have done a, I would argue, a unicorn change of a program.
Yep Doug was not good at all with alumni, Shafer and Gerg were better than Doug or Dino but were incompetent in general.

Also how is Piano Man (or Sweet Caroline) an "inspirational song"?
Underrated, underappreciated, overlooked musician overcomes all obstacles in his path and makes good at local establishment full of losers, half-filling his oversized brandy snifter tip jar with crumpled $1 bills.

That's how.

:D

Underrated, underappreciated, overlooked musician overcomes all obstacles in his path and makes good at local establishment full of losers, half-filling his oversized brandy snifter tip jar with crumpled $1 bills.

That's how.

:D
Hold up, so it wasn't actual bread they were putting in his jar? All these years, I had it all wrong.

Hold up, so it wasn't actual bread they were putting in his jar? All these years, I had it all wrong.
I know. I could never figure out how all those guys got into a jar that fit on a piano.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7
Damn this article is a blast from the past. Kind of got me sad cause I really wanted him to be the guy for us and am remembering all the joy from that 2018 season. Don't know what happened to that guy because that Dino was not the same as the Dino we saw towards the end. No use in crying over spilled milk though onward to HCFB!

Damn this article is a blast from the past. Kind of got me sad cause I really wanted him to be the guy for us and am remembering all the joy from that 2018 season. Don't know what happened to that guy because that Dino was not the same as the Dino we saw towards the end. No use in crying over spilled milk though onward to HCFB!

Honestly. I think it was the 2020 Covid Season.

(Not blaming any person, policy, or group here...just is what it is)

Honestly. I think it was the 2020 Covid Season.

(Not blaming any person, policy, or group here...just is what it is)

The problems started with the weird 2019 season. Everyone thought "SU is back!" Then came the Maryland debacle, (which cost us GameDay) the horrendous second quarter vs. BC and other disappointments. Williams' steal and score vs. Wake prevented a 4-8 follow-up to a 10-3 season. Then we got hit with COVID defections and injuries and that 1-10 season. But it began the year before.

Last edited:
The problems started with the weird 2019 season. Everyone thought "SU is back!" Then came the Maryland debacle, (which cost us GameDay) the horrendous second quarter vs. BC and other disappointments. Williams' steal and score vs. Wake prevented a 4-8 follow-up to a 10-3 season. Then we got hit with COVID defections and injuries and that 1-10 season. But it began the year before.
Don't know if I've ever been more upset watching a Cuse game then when I watched Devito throw the ball 5 rows into the stands on 4th and short against Maryland. Had to unplug the TV from the wall but I agree that game took away all positive momentum we had built, and we were never fully able to get it back. Always wondered why we struggled so much on D that year with all the NFL/talented guys we had (Cisco, Iffy, Trill, Alton Robinson, Coleman was in the league for a little bit, Kingsley Jonathan still w the Bills).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom