Dont look at the score look at the plays | Syracusefan.com

Dont look at the score look at the plays

upperdeck

Living Legend
Clemson played the best game of the year on offense and they have vastly more talent. We played better than expected in many areas but when good players make really good plays its not going to be pretty.

they didnt have guys running wide open like the ND game. They had really good throws into tight windows and made some very nice catches.

its not like we didnt have multiple chances to score and make it a 40-20 type game but we needed to play mistake free and have Clemson make the 2-3 mistakes they make every game and they didnt and we didnt.

This was a far better effort on D that the UL game position wise. they have more talent

Clemson played the best game of the year on offense and they have vastly more talent. We played better than expected in many areas but when good players make really good plays its not going to be pretty.

they didnt have guys running wide open like the ND game. They had really good throws into tight windows and made some very nice catches.

its not like we didnt have multiple chances to score and make it a 40-20 type game but we needed to play mistake free and have Clemson make the 2-3 mistakes they make every game and they didnt and we didnt.

This was a far better effort on D that the UL game position wise. they have more talent

Thought our D actually played well in stretches. Tough to sustain when you're on the field for so long due to the offense's inability to sustain drives.

Really disappointed that there have been so many penalties offensively. Understand it takes time but man, so many stupid ones that are killers.

when the game was still in doubt early and we entered the red zone we killed both drives with mental mistakes. you can over come then at BC not at Clemson. it just fed the crowd and the D and then it snow balled. once ED went out and we protected Mahoney we lost the QB running part and it became a uphill battle

I don't think we have gone one game without a false start penalty

It's infuriating. I get that we are playing faster and running more plays, but this hasn't gotten much better IMO.

It's infuriating. I get that we are playing faster and running more plays, but this hasn't gotten much better IMO.
The OL has 4 players that are sophs/r-frosh. It's going to happen in an environment like Clemson.

or illegal formation . dino if you want to run a speed offense you might want to teach your players the abc's of lining up correctly.just saying'

I get what you're saying, but I can't wait for the day when we can forget about moral victories.

The OL has 4 players that are sophs/r-frosh. It's going to happen in an environment like Clemson.

It was worse with nobody in the stands at BC, as a poster before stated. I love excuses if they help create a narrative that Babers will win and get it done. I believe it. That doesn't mean everything is roses.

It was worse with nobody in the stands at BC, as a poster before stated. I love excuses if they help create a narrative that Babers will win and get it done. I believe it. That doesn't mean everything is roses.

If a player false starts or cant line up correctly its on the player.

I can't agree with this completely.

you dont think they've practiced how to line up or tried to rectify the false starts?

I dont pay attention to how they line up, but if I know my job then I should know where to line up. There's also the 'other guys', the WRs, RB and QB should be helping to direct traffic. When they scan the field pre snap they should know.

The false starts, largely seem to be on Evan Adams or McGloster. And the one on Phillips, is on Phillips, and it's not his first one. But when it's repeatedly the same 1 or 2 kids, it's on the kids.

Bottom line, it's still an uptempo offense being run for the first time by a lot of young kids. I'll bet right now these types of penalties do a 180 next season as kids become condition to their roles/jobs.

when you are going no huddle they have to use something to set the snap count and it cant be the same thing or the D will figure it out pretty quick. its interesting that many of the false starts happen when we dont go quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom