Doppelgangers? | Syracusefan.com

Doppelgangers?

SWC75

Bored Historian
I was wondering about comparisons between DuJuan Coleman and players from the recent, (;ast 10-12 years) thought to be similar. Here are some I thought of, (I couldn't find anything about Dwight Stewart), in terms of height and weight and being a strong inside player. I'm also listing their points per game and rebounds per game as college freshmen.

DeJuan Blair 6-7 265 11.6ppg 9.1rpg
Carlos Boozer 6-9 258 13.0ppg 6.3rpg
Elton Brand 6-8 275 13.4ppg 7.4rpg
Sean May 6-9 266 11.4ppg 8.1rpg
Zach Randolph 6-9 253 10.8ppg 6.7rpg
Mike Sweetney 6-8 275 13.4ppg 7.3rpg
Jared Sullinger 6-9 280 17.2ppf 10.2rpg

Could Coleman belong in this group? Is there anyone that doesn't belong in this group- different game, not as good, clearly better than the others, etc? Does anyone else belong in this group, (from recent years)? Which set of nubmers, (they are pretty similar except Sullinger), most resembles what you might expect of Coleman next year? Or don't you think he'll play enough or be good enough to reach any of these numbers?

I think Coleman will be a 6ppg/6rpg guy his freshman year... we just have too many scoring options for him to be featured right now

I think Coleman averages 12 points, seven rebounds as a freshman.

Cousins is 6'11, average 15 ppg, and was a 2nd team AA

I get that, cousins was also their first option on offense in the halfcourt...if cousins has an inch or 2 on dc than big deal...their both widebodied bigmen with quickfeet and polished inside games, its a ood comparison

How about we keep expectations in check, balance the above with the freshman figures below:

Arinze Onuaku 6'9" 275 2 ppg 3 rpg
Rick Jackson 6'9" 240 4 ppg 3 rpg
Fab Melo 7'0" 270 2 ppg 2 rpg

A much more skilled AO. The worst comparison is Blair. He was very athletic for his size. Coleman is not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Don't think he will be anywhere the player Cousins was as a freshman. Cousins was a legit "one and done" player. No one seems to think that Coleman is that kind of talent.

Cousins is 6-11 270 and averaged 15.1 and 9.8

How about we keep expectations in check, balance the above with the freshman figures below:

Arinze Onuaku 6'9" 275 2 ppg 3 rpg
Rick Jackson 6'9" 240 4 ppg 3 rpg
Fab Melo 7'0" 270 2 ppg 2 rpg

I think Coleman might average those numbers if you add them together.

No one saying hell put up those numbers, just saying their styles seem very similar

Glen 'Big Baby' Davis

6-9 280-300lbs. freshman year...13.5 ppg...8.8 rebs.

I think Coleman might average those numbers if you add them together.
Considering what everbody was saying about Fab, Dion, Xmas and others, I tend to think that most here are overly optimistic about incoming freshman which make me think 5 & 5 or 6 & 6 is closer. I think 8 & 8 is optimistic but not overly so. One problem is I think that despite what is said, the centers at SU are no better than a 3rd option any time down the court.

Considering what everbody was saying about Fab, Dion, Xmas and others, I tend to think that most here are overly optimistic about incoming freshman which make me think 5 & 5 or 6 & 6 is closer. I think 8 & 8 is optimistic but not overly so. One problem is I think that despite what is said, the centers at SU are no better than a 3rd option any time down the court.

They aren't exactly trhe #1 option in an All-Star game and Coleman got his numbers just playing half the game.

They aren't exactly trhe #1 option in an All-Star game and Coleman got his numbers just playing half the game.
I'm pesstimistic by nature and preferr to be pleasantly surprised with freshman. Overly opptimistic SU fans predict double doubles from all the McD's that come in. Few have.