Dordevic out for Colgate on Friday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dordevic out for Colgate on Friday

If he's not expected back until late April your better off shutting him down at this point and taking a red-shirt. Unless he was back 100% healthy and SU had a legit shot at a title it makes no sense to bring him back at that point. Ugh.
I would think a part of a redshirt decision would be how much aid he receives (scholarship, grants-in-aid, etc.). SU is not inexpensive to attend, and this would be another year of tuition, R&B, etc.

May be a factor, may not.

I get it from the standpoint of trying to keep the other teams at a disadvantage. But with technology and the ease of communication between players/friends, I find it hard to believe they didn't already know he was playing

Agreed, I think even without the setback it was pretty clear he was going to miss at minimum the opener if not Albany as well. Tough break for a good kid. With the schedule as loaded as it is this really hurts.

Its been long known that he wasn't playing Friday night and hasn't been practicing. The earliest we could see him on the field is late April, if he plays at all this year. Its a shame that Desko is hiding the truth on another injured player

Are you saying that you think Desko lied about him reinjuring the foot on Tuesday or did that still actually happen?

I think you're reading too much into this. The medical staff fully cleared him. I highly doubt the coaching staff was pushing him more than he was pushing himself.

Just my opinion.
An issue for me is that publicly stating a player "should be ready Friday night" after a long layoff might psychologically push that player even more. Conversely, you need to temper and manage that player's expectations psychologically (you aren't going to play Friday night, let's get you ready for the Army game) and limit reps. A Friday night season opener against Colgate isn't Memorial Day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom