Double technical??? | Syracusefan.com

Double technical???

RF2044

Living Legend
NBA officiating is a joke.

Edit: Anderson is a total punk. Ridiculous that he wasn't tossed after that cheap shot nonsense, and the follow up activity.

Edit: Anderson is a total punk. Ridiculous that he wasn't tossed after that cheap shot nonsense, and the follow up activity.

I don't care about either team, but almost flipped my table. If I'm Vogel, I bring in Sam Young and have him do the EXACT SAME THING Birdman just did to Lebron. Cheap shop from behind, then step up to him and shove him. Let's see what happens.

I don't care about either team, but almost flipped my table. If I'm Vogel, I bring in Sam Young and have him do the EXACT SAME THING Birdman just did to Lebron. Cheap shop from behind, then step up to him and shove him. Let's see what happens.

If that happened, Sam Young would be permanently blacklisted from future NBA employment.

During a playoff game in Miami, the guy on the visiting team who gets cheap shotted and then shoved aggressively by the fouler also gets a technical.

Another embarrassing move by NBA officials. Hansborough literally did nothing other then stand up nd square up with Anderson

Ryan, my brotha from anotha motha, I don't mean to go all Sigmund Freud on you, but when I read your pro-Pacers posts, your disdain for LeBron from your Cleveland period comes through loud and clear, at least, to me, the Poster Formerly Known As Richierocafella.

But, as to your point, my Heat fandom notwithstanding, I thought, based on precedent (Mohammad getting tossed for pushing LeBron), the Birdman (Chris Anderson, not Mark Fidrych) coulda been tossed, but shouldn't have been. Funny how Hansborough always seems to be in the middle of such .

Love LeBron long time, he's made me a Heat fan, but I really like this Pacers team and love that it's a battle, a throwback to Lakers-Celts, Chicago-Detroit, Knicks-Bullets, all that jazz.

Ryan, my brotha from anotha motha, I don't mean to go all Sigmund Freud on you, but when I read your pro-Pacers posts, your disdain for LeBron from your Cleveland period comes through loud and clear, at least, to me, the Poster Formerly Known As Richierocafella.

But, as to your point, my Heat fandom notwithstanding, I thought, based on precedent (Mohammad getting tossed for pushing LeBron), the Birdman (Chris Anderson, not Mark Fidrych) coulda been tossed, but shouldn't have been. Funny how Hansborough always seems to be in the middle of such .

Love LeBron long time, he's made me a Heat fan, but I really like this Pacers team and love that it's a battle, a throwback to Lakers-Celts, Chicago-Detroit, Knicks-Bullets, all that jazz.

No doubt, Richie--I have no issue owning my disdain for Lebron! But I'd like to point out that I've been anti-James for his churlish, flopping behavior from the beginning, and I don't think I'm alone anymore in suggesting that my disdain for Lebron isn't as non-mainstream as it used to be--and with good reason. I can't envision a less likable bunch that the Heat. Doyel just called Wade the dirtiest player in the NBA this week. Anderson / Battier--'nuff said. And Leberon the flopper is both the NBA's premier talent and yet somehow the most polarizing figure in the league.

On a non-sports related note--how the hell have you been???????

As bad as the double technical call was, the offensive call on Hill(which I didnt get a good look at) could be the turning point in this game.

Funny, but I find the Heat very likable, guess it's the ol' eye of the beholder. Don't tell me you find Stephenson and Hansborough likable? Basketball traditionalists/purists, I'd think, would be big Heat fans; when they're clickin', they're a true team, crisp passing, unselfishness, starting with their unselfish leader, who, btw, has taken over and changed the entire game the 2nd half.

I'm well, Ryan, thanks for asking; going in to ye olde Wilmot Cancer Center in a week-and-a-half for a CT scan, 6-month checkup on how the low-grade, non-aggressive (I like to emphasize that) lymphoma is doin'. I feel great, life is great, hope all's well with you, too!

I'm with you, man, how could anyone hate this guy...

ku-xlarge.gif

That being said he's amazing player, totally took over the game tonight, and basically won it himself.

Funny, but I find the Heat very likable, guess it's the ol' eye of the beholder. Don't tell me you find Stephenson and Hansborough likable? Basketball traditionalists/purists, I'd think, would be big Heat fans; when they're clickin', they're a true team, crisp passing, unselfishness, starting with their unselfish leader, who, btw, has taken over and changed the entire game the 2nd half.

I'm well, Ryan, thanks for asking; going in to ye olde Wilmot Cancer Center in a week-and-a-half for a CT scan, 6-month checkup on how the low-grade, non-aggressive (I like to emphasize that) lymphoma is doin'. I feel great, life is great, hope all's well with you, too!

Good luck at your appointment, Richie--christ, I can relate to how scary those six month check ups can be.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, homeboy! Can't wait until the circumstances align where we can link up and tip a few to lebron.

And as much as it pains me to admit it, what a second half from the king. Indiana looked overmatched today. Looking forward to game 6.

As bad as the double technical call was, the offensive call on Hill(which I didnt get a good look at) could be the turning point in this game.

IND backcourt picked the worst time not to show up. Wow. They were dreadful.

Good luck at your appointment, Richie--christ, I can relate.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, homeboy! Can't wait until the circumstances align where we can link up and tip a few to lebron.

And as much as it pains me to admit it, what a second half from the king. Indiana looked overmatched today. Looking forward to game 6.

Thanks, Ryan, I appreciate it. I'd love to be lookin' forward to game 6, but I'm bar tending Saturday night and we have one somewhat small tv at the joint where I work and don't turn it on when we have music, which is most nights. And if it goes to a 7th game Monday night, I'm going to be at a very cool joint in Buffalo, the Sportsmans Tavern, with my significant other and a bunch of friends to see the great Dave Alvin.

Would love to tip a few someday, until that, I'm raisin' a glass of Jameo right here, right now to you, me, and LeBron! L'chaim, dude.

BTW, Ryan, long before there was LeBron, this guy, Gus "Honeycomb" Johnson, and his high school teammate, Nate Thurmond, were Akron's greatest gift to hoops. I was a sportswriter for the Akron Beacon Journal then ('70-'76) and wrote some articles about Gus and got to know him quite well. Truth be known, first time I went to his house to interview him, he pulled out a big fatty and got my 23-yr-old head so high. He was 6-6, I'm in Mugsy Bogues-land. Ever hear of Gus? He was a freak, glad he finally got into the Hall of Fame.

If what Anderson did doesn't get you thrown out, I'm not sure what short of throwing a punch does. He should be suspended.

Thanks, Ryan, I appreciate it. I'd love to be lookin' forward to game 6, but I'm bar tending Saturday night and we have one somewhat small tv at the joint where I work and don't turn it on when we have music, which is most nights. And if it goes to a 7th game Monday night, I'm going to be at a very cool joint in Buffalo, the Sportsmans Tavern, with my significant other and a bunch of friends to see the great Dave Alvin.

Would love to tip a few someday, until that, I'm raisin' a glass of Jameo right here, right now to you, me, and LeBron! L'chaim, dude.

BTW, Ryan, long before there was LeBron, this guy, Gus "Honeycomb" Johnson, and his high school teammate, Nate Thurmond, were Akron's greatest gift to hoops. I was a sportswriter for the Akron Beacon Journal then ('70-'76) and wrote some articles about Gus and got to know him quite well. Truth be known, first time I went to his house to interview him, he pulled out a big fatty and got my 23-yr-old head so high. He was 6-6, I'm in Mugsy Bogues-land. Ever hear of Gus? He was a freak, glad he finally got into the Hall of Fame.

There are great posts (particularly given the preceding dialect), and then there's this. Tee, or whatever your name/schtick is, get up out underneath your rock and prove your worth here pronto. Thanks.

Sounds like the Spurs. As a Lakers fan who's team has had their battles with Spurs over the years, I'm still rooting for the Spurs over the Heat.

I think a Spurs-Heat series would be really really fun.

Anyone have a link on the Birdman thing? I've seen a few references to it now but I didn't get a chance to see it

Edit: Just found it; they called double Techs on that? That's a pretty weak call

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom