Down, Down the field went old Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Down, Down the field went old Syracuse

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Late to the party in posting WVU comments as I just got back to the board after a long weekend but what a great game! Yard needs mowed and leaves need raked but I feel I made the right call going to the game instead.

Thanks to TexanMark for the tickets. Great view and great fans around them. Was great for me, and also my friend attending his first college football game ever. Found him cheering as hard as anyone which is cool to see. Was a nice bonus to be able to look up into the replay booth and see the Provo touchdown called good before it was confirmed on the field.

Met Tomcat and LincolnCuse in the stands. Great to put some faces with names and I'm sure there were some other board members around that I missed. Tomcat was beyond focused which from his reports is what you'd expect. Almost felt bad interupting him with my banter from time to time.

I heard "thickburger" come from behind me right before Jerome Smith hammered out a tough 6 yard run which I presumed came from LincolnCuse. Not sure if he was refering to Smith but he definitely had some runs deserving of the title.

Hats off to Hackett and the offense. They obviously saw something while gameplanning for WVU that they could have success with the TE's which came true. Also, was advertised that we wouldn't hesitate to go back to plays repeatedly and saw that as well. The TE wheel route was there all day and, rather than getting cute with the play calls, we went back to the well for big results. Nassib was stellar, as were the WR's holding on to the ball repeatedly on 3rd downs. Was dumbfounded by the effeciency that was on display. Hopefully, it's sign of things to come.

Defense gave up 2 big plays but responded with making big plays of their own all night. Chan Jones was better than I was even expecting and caused Geno Smith issues all night. Shamarko playing man coverage in the Okie alot of the night, didn't have the stats to match the impact he had. He effectively closed down wherever he was on the field... WVU seemed to want no part of him. Phil Thomas is getting better with every game. Finally seeing his positioning match his athletic ability. DT's got some good push up the middle, and Diet Tab seemed to be everywhere.

In summation; WVU brought a sledgehammer but ran into a bulldozer in this Syracuse team. Dorian Graham brought the dynamite just in case there was any question.

Crowd was great aside from late arriving and leaving early; the latter is more understandable being almost midnight with the game in hand could be expected. Looked and sounded great on ESPN3 watching it the following day as well. Great showing for the school and one would have to think potential recruits would come away impressed as well.

We're 5-2 an the future looks bright. The rest of our season just got a whole lot more interesting for anyone paying attention. Would certainly be nice to end October being bowl eligible. Was also great to follow Rutgers losing since with a win they would've been 3-0 in conference and very quietly in the drivers seat. Conference is wide open once again, and we may just step up and grab it!

Glad you enjoyed your seats.

I sold my USF 40 yard tix to CuseTroop's buddy...but I have 40 yd line tix left for Cincy for any Cuse fan out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom