Downside | Syracusefan.com

Downside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The defense has been wildly erratic: 337 yards surrendered in the opener, followed by 445, 311, 337, 346, 237, 290, 552, 470,, 472, 484 and 340. The team as a whole improved as the season progressed but I’m not sure the defense did.

- Ryan Nassib continues to prove that he’s at his best in the two minute offense, passing on nearly every play. He needs to get into a rhythm and passing only on third down prevent shim from getting into one. He had several passes that weren‘t even within reach of his receivers. I’m not saying that our game plan should have been different: it worked. I’m just saying that Nassib doesn’t shine when the running game is our primary means of locomotion.

- Those early fumbles were ugly. I don’t think either Gulley or Sales were touched. The ball just seemed to slip our of their hands as if it was too heavy. They are both supposed to be injured so I wondered if their injuries had anything to do with their gripping the ball. But neither fumbled again, so I guess not.

- We are really good at overcoming double figure deficits. I hope we don’t have to demonstrate that ability again. Wouldn’t it be fun to jump on our bowl opponent from the beginning and have an easy, fun day?

- The defense has been wildly erratic: 337 yards surrendered in the opener, followed by 445, 311, 337, 346, 237, 290, 552, 470,, 472, 484 and 340. The team as a whole improved as the season progressed but I’m not sure the defense did.

Interestingly our opponents sored 154 pts against us in the first six game and 154 pts against us over the last six games. It appears that the O "drove the bus" during the 2nd half of the season

-

- Those early fumbles were ugly. I don’t think either Gulley or Sales were touched. The ball just seemed to slip our of their hands as if it was too heavy. They are both supposed to be injured so I wondered if their injuries had anything to do with their gripping the ball. But neither fumbled again, so I guess not.

Looking at the replay on TV I actually think that Trudo aided in Sales fumble.

Usually agree with so much of your upside downside. However Nassib not shining while we pounded the defense with running backs was effective for two reason today. Most obvious was the number of yards gained and td's scored. Secondly the man coverage that allowed SU to have advantages with our wideouts.

I also thought Nassib deliberately threw a few balls away to avoid sacks when no-one got open. Those were actually accurate tosses. Nassib has got me to where third and long seems to our advantage. I can't remember how long ago I felt like this with the Cuse.

Good posts as usual. I always look forward to the Upside and Downside. Thanks for your continued efforts!

Usually agree with so much of your upside downside. However Nassib not shining while we pounded the defense with running backs was effective for two reason today. Most obvious was the number of yards gained and td's scored. Secondly the man coverage that allowed SU to have advantages with our wideouts.

I also thought Nassib deliberately threw a few balls away to avoid sacks when no-one got open. Those were actually accurate tosses. Nassib has got me to where third and long seems to our advantage. I can't remember how long ago I felt like this with the Cuse.

Good posts as usual. I always look forward to the Upside and Downside. Thanks for your continued efforts!

Not all of them were accurate tosses.

Not all of them were accurate tosses.
Granted and maybe he wasn't a brilliant star. However he was a star none-the-less guiding the team , under control, and hitting enough third down passes to share star status with so many today, especially after the first quarter where we had no stars at all.

Just my opinion and I greatly respect yours as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom