Draft declarations | Syracusefan.com

Draft declarations

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
I know there will be talk of Battle leaving early, and possibly Brisset.

At this point there is no realistic chance either will get drafted in the first round. I’m not sure either would be guaranteed to be drafted in the 2nd round.

Both should stay. Plenty for them to improve upon, mainly on the offensive end.

I’m looking forward to seeing what this team can do with everyone back and healthy, plus adding the strong freshmen class. We should be fairly dominant next year.

At this point there is no realistic chance either will get drafted in the first round. I’m not sure either would be guaranteed to be drafted in the 2nd round.

Both should stay. Plenty for them to improve upon, mainly on the offensive end.

I’m looking forward to seeing what this team can do with everyone back and healthy, plus adding the strong freshmen class. We should be fairly dominant next year.
I think so. But I think Battle will leave. Hughes will replace him. We should be able to put 4 guys on the floor that can score next year. I never want to watch this type of team again the rest of my life.

I think he’ll stay because it will be a better team

Battle could be a 1st rounder this year. He's playing without any other shooters on the floor with him. He has no low-post option on the team whatsoever. Teams focus on him, double team him, step over screens, and he's still averaging close to 20ppg.

He'll do very well in the workouts, combine, and advanced scouting days. Playing with 4 other guys who can't create their own shot isn't going to completely de-rail his chances of getting drafted in the 1st round in 2018.

I'm the worst about worrying people will leave, but there is zero chance OB leaves
Based on what? There is a very good chance OB leaves. I'd put it at 60%.

Why want Battle back? IMHO he has not exhibited the ability to play team ball or have a good b-ball iq. He doesn't see open teammates and would rather go 1 on 3 than on a fast break than wait for at least a 2nd teammate.

I think he’ll stay because it will be a better team
Chance at guaranteed $4 million >> chance that SU will be better next year. He's not going to come back for the sake of coming back and help JB. I really hope both Battle and OB come back, but let's look at the numbers.

Why want Battle back? IMHO he has not exhibited the ability to play team ball or have a good b-ball iq. He doesn't see open teammates and would rather go 1 on 3 than on a fast break than wait for at least a 2nd teammate.
I think a lot of his bad decisions, bad shots, and turnovers are due to not having anybody else on the team he can throw it to so he can take a play or two off. He has to go 100% on 100% of the plays, and he's now playing 40mpg. He would be much more efficient if we had, say, a junior Malachi Richardson, a junior Tyler Lydon, and a senior Chris McCullough on his team.

Based on that he wouldn't be close to getting drafted
In your opinion?

He's 6'8, can put it on the floor, is athletic enough, and has improved his shot quite a bit. He will definitely get strong looks if he declares. Whether he is a late 1st or 2nd rounder is up to the combine and workouts, just like Battle, but OB can definitely get drafted this year.

In your opinion?

He's 6'8, can put it on the floor, is athletic enough, and has improved his shot quite a bit. He will definitely get strong looks if he declares. Whether he is a late 1st or 2nd rounder is up to the combine and workouts, just like Battle, but OB can definitely get drafted this year.
Late 1st. Lol

To play in the NBA you have to be able to make 3s and hit simple layups.
Exactly. Both guys need massive improvements in their outside shots and ability to finish in the lane before they can sniff the NBA.

FWIW, Battle is projected on NBA draft.net as a 2nd rounder....in 2019

They have OB as a lotto pick in 2019

Brissett being a draft pick is the laugh I needed today. He's a forward that plays like an undwrsiund one at the rim and can't shoot.

The only positive for Tyus Battle after a game like this against UVA is that he can go home and thumb through the sports agents catalog for next season.

Brissett being a draft pick is the laugh I needed today. He's a forward that plays like an undwrsiund one at the rim and can't shoot.
I'm not sure what this means, or what you were trying to say, but I like it. :)

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif
giphy.gif
1403.gif

The 2nd half of last year Battle played great. He was the 3rd option and not really being paid attention to by defenses. This year he's the #1 option with other real good offense players.

In the NBA Tyus will NOT be the focuses of defenses, not ever. Which will allow him to operate in space and clean looks for the most part. He has the size and athleticism to be a solid NBA contributor next year. No reason why he can't be the 3rd of 4th guy off of the bench next year and maybe eventually develop into a really good 6th man who is a combo guard.

I think Tyus is really good, but as a sophomore he can't carry a below average team. If you trade Tyus for sophomore Dion Waiters straight up I'm not sure how much better we are this year.

Yes, we will be better next year, even better if Tyus stays. But i'm not sure how much he could improve his stock unless he shows that he can play PG

I don’t think battle comes back, but if he does and he has other players who are actual threats you would 100% see a different player. What we’re asking of battle this year is downright criminal. He’s out there with basically only 1 other guy who can even attempt to create his own shot or make a 3 (FH).

If you’re playing a pickup game and realize you’re the only player who has a legitimate shot of making baskets and you have to carry the team every game for the full duration, what do you do? Same thing battles trying to do.

I'll say that as of today, 2/3/2018, I will be very pleasantly surprised if either Battle OR Brissett return next season. My expectation is they both declare, go through the workouts, and leave SU.

I'll say that as of today, 2/3/2018, I will be very pleasantly surprised if either Battle OR Brissett return next season. My expectation is they both declare, go through the workouts, and leave SU.
I know people are paranoid about guys leaving early but ob leaving early is laughable.

I know people are paranoid about guys leaving early but ob leaving early is laughable.
We'll see in about 3 months. SU could be stacked next year if everybody returns. Or we could be looking at a 7 man team again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom