Drew Allen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen

FWIW, Drew Allen was rated a 85 in last years NCAA 13 video game. According to that game, he will be one of the best QBs Syracuse has ever had!

I have to wonder why he would prefer to compete for the open spot at Syracuse rather than the open spot at Oklahoma.

I have to wonder why he would prefer to compete for the open spot at Syracuse rather than the open spot at Oklahoma.
It wasn't an open competition Stoops told him he wasn't in consideration for the starting spot. He's going with the younger guys, probably Blake Bell.

Who wants to bet that he is under 80 overall in the next game?
He will be, Syracuse is always underrated in NCAA games, that is a product of never being on national broadcasts

It wasn't an open competition Stoops told him he wasn't in consideration for the starting spot. He's going with the younger guys, probably Blake Bell.

Should we be concerned about what that might say about him?

Should we be concerned about what that might say about him?
I think I read something about a change in offensive strategy and Allen not fitting into that change.

I think I read something about a change in offensive strategy and Allen not fitting into that change.
I thought the rationale was that they didn't see themselves as competing for a National title this year, but they feel next year they could do so. They didn't want to risk that with an inexperiencd QB, so give the young guy a year to start, and learn on the job, and next year a seasoned vet can start for them in a year to compete for it all.

Thus the reason to get a two year starter out there, rather than go back to back years with QBs that for all intents and purposes have no NCAA experience

I thought the rationale was that they didn't see themselves as competing for a National title this year, but they feel next year they could do so. They didn't want to risk that with an inexperiencd QB, so give the young guy a year to start, and learn on the job, and next year a seasoned vet can start for them in a year to compete for it all.

Thus the reason to get a two year starter out there, rather than go back to back years with QBs that for all intents and purposes have no NCAA experience
That makes total sense too.

Not sure...but one of you Texans need to go over and do a little surveillance. Or at least a drone fly over.:)[/quote]

...but please keep your clothes on, we can't afford the bad press! ;)

Am I the only one who things he looks like a Brunette version of Nassib?
What separated Ryan from most other college QB's was his ability to get his team into the correct play at the line of scrimmage. He seemed to make the right decision most of the time.

If Drew can come close to matching Ryan's cerebral abilities, we've found a gem.

EDIT: I know it's not the "end all" but Drew is far more athletic than Ryan which might come in handy early in the year as we acclimate two new OL on the right side.

Texan Mark's back yard. He's on it.

...I'll drive by this weekend and see if the picture fits.

Here is a link to the HS stadium he played at. Alamo Heights is a 4A school (medium-large)

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=847#.UbJ9_5wYOZQ

847.jpg

FWIW, Drew Allen was rated a 85 in last years NCAA 13 video game. According to that game, he will be one of the best QBs Syracuse has ever had!

Nassib was an 83 soooo... Allen > Nassib? We could only hope to be that lucky.

Drew starts from day one, just like bees said about g-mac in 2002!!!!

I can believe that considering the recruitment of AJ Long and the rise of Terry Hunt.ASs a defensive coach Scott realizes the difficulty of defedening against the dual threat QB.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom